Chapter 102 - It's real (2)

"Mary, you can't do that in front of people you don't know! Sigh."

Tasha let out a sigh and grabbed Mary's arm. She then carefully pulled the robe down in order to cover the black lines back up. At the same time, she continued to observe Cale and Choi Han's expressions. Tasha was holding Mary's hand tightly.

"This, you see..."

Tasha was unable to hide her anxiety. No, she had been in a state of shock since Raon appeared, but this was more despair than shock.

"Tasha."

Cale looked right into Tasha's eyes and calmed her down.

"I don't plan to tell anybody so do not worry. We are already all in the same boat."

Tasha closed her mouth that had been repeatedly opening and closing without making a noise. She remembered what Alberu had said about Cale.

'Auntie, he may be rude, but he keeps his word. I can't trust him, but I can at least rely on the bastard.'

In the end, it meant that Alberu trusted Cale, even if he would not directly say that. Tasha started to agree with Alberu the longer she interacted with Cale.
At that moment, Mary started to speak.

"I will also not speak about Dragon-nim. Since I cannot make a vow of Elementals, I will vow with my life instead."

Cale had a small smile on his face that quickly disappeared. He should not have to worry about Raon's secret because she put her life on the line.

Tasha then heard her grandfather starting to speak.

"Young master Cale, do you know about necromancers?"
"I know as much as any other person."

Well, he knew more than the average person based on what he had read in the novel.

Necromancers referred to people who used dead mana to control dead creatures to fight. They also had scars on their bodies that were impossible to hide, even with magic.

Just like Mary's arm they just saw, their entire body is covered with black veins that look like spider webs.

The black spiderweb human.

It was the side effect of using dead mana that living beings should not be able to use. That might have been another reason that the necromancers were hunted down, in addition to their use of corpses to fight.

'They were deemed to be useless.'

But there were no useless occupations in the world.
Everything had a time and place that they would be useful.

"My name is Mary."

Mary started to speak again.

"I am twenty-five this year."

She introduced herself following Raon's style. Cale quietly listened while Raon was looking at the black robe with curiosity.

"I have lived in this City of Life for the past 15 years. I remember running away into the desert with my family when I was 10 years old."

The necromancer Mary was, as expected, one of the people who ran away from the village.

"That is the only thing I remember."

'Hmm?'

Cale was not able to understand what she meant right away.

"We found Mary 15 years ago on the day the dead mana rose to the surface."

Cale turned his head to see Shawn continuing to speak with a stiff expression.

"I was the one who found her."