Chapter 178 - Tricked? (6)

Choi Han looked as if he was running across a flat plain, even as he jumped across roofs with Cale on his back.

'This is more comfortable than a carriage.'

Cale was admiring Choi Han's extreme stability while enjoying the apple pie that was fed into his mouth every time he opened it.
The smell and texture of apples along with the sweetness. Cale licked his lips after finishing one slice of apple pie and felt more relaxed.

'Much better.'

The only issue with the Fire of Destruction was this extreme hunger that came afterward.

'But this time was much better than the time at the Ten Finger Mountains because I didn't cough up blood-'

He could not finish his thought.

Cough.

Cale coughed, and blood seeped into Choi Han's clothes.

'Damn it.'

Cale realized something after seeing that he was coughing up blood.

'There's always blood when the Vitality of the Heart moves with urgency.'

This was the case whether it was the Plaza Terror Incident, the Ten Finger Mountains incident, or the recent incident in the Empire when he used the shield again. Whenever he used a significant amount of strength, the Vitality of the Heart would urgently start to work in order to restore his health. It always made him let out one bloody cough.

'But I feel so much better.'

It always made him feel better afterward.
Cale was relieved that something terrible like coughing up blood while eating apple pie did not happen and looked toward Raon.

"...What are you doing?"
"...Nothing, human."

Cale could see a piece of apple pie flying away as dust. He could also see the poisonous fog starting to come out of On and Hong's bodies.
He had an iffy feeling about it all as he patted Choi Han's back. Shouldn't he at least apologize for getting blood on him?

"Sorry."
"...It was not a problem."

Choi Han responded after a while. That made Cale think that Choi Han was annoyed that there was blood on his back but had calmed himself down.
Even he would have been angry if it had happened to him.

Cale wanted to move away from the angry Choi Han. He had filled his belly with apple pie, so he could probably walk on his own now.

"I should be okay to get off now. Let's start moving again once you put me down."
"...It is not a problem."

'Not a problem?'
Cale found Choi Han's response to be odd. Choi Han quickly added on.

"It is like moving with a broom on my back. You are lighter than a haystack. Furthermore, I can move more efficiently and stealthily than you can, Cale-nim."

'...Did he just compare me to a broom and a haystack?'
Cale knew that Choi Han was speaking honestly, but he couldn't help but feel upset. Raon shoved another piece of apple pie toward him at that moment and started to speak.

"Listen to Choi Han, weak human."
"But-"

Raon shoved the apple pie in Cale's mouth when he opened his mouth to speak. Cale looked toward Raon with shock, but the Black Dragon had a determined look on his face.

"Human, I don't care what you have to say. Listen to our will this time."

'What does he mean by our will?'
Cale was flabbergasted. However, he did not say what he was originally going to say. What he had planned to say was not different than this, 'will,' that Raon was talking about.