Chapter 47 - Somehow (5)

Prince Alberu could see that Cale Henituse suddenly had an expression of disbelief as Cale answered back.

"...I am human?"

It was an expression that seemed to be asking why the prince was asking such a stupid question. Alberu subconsciously let out a sigh.

"Sigh. Right, of course you are human."

Cale could see Alberu point at both of them before continuing to speak.

"You and I are both human."

The Black Dragon spoke into Cale's mind at that moment.

– That is a lie. He is not completely human.

'Little Dragon, can you please stop?'

Cale was having a difficult time maintaining his composure. However, a critical weakness existed between Cale and the Black Dragon. The Black Dragon could talk to Cale whenever he wanted to do so, but Cale was unable to talk back to the dragon. It was a one-way communication.

It was his fault for lacking any magic skills.

– This is my first time seeing a race with such an atmosphere around them in this great Dragon's four years of life.

The dragon's four years of life. The Black Dragon had only seen himself, humans, and the Cat Tribe and Wolf Tribe members he recently met.

The crown prince was not any of those species. Cale started to speak toward the crown prince who was looking at him.

"Of course. Is there much to being human? We're all human if we live amongst each other."

Cale made up his mind to forget about what the Black Dragon had said. Prince Alberu quietly looked toward Cale before starting to speak.

"You are right. There really isn't much to being human. However."

However. But. Cale was wondering if he could stop hearing these words. Prince Alberu started to speak to Cale as he was contemplating.

"I thought I was mistaken at the banquet hall, but there are some weird smells around you."

"...Smell?"

Cale responded with shock.

"I just showered."

The crown prince opened and closed his mouth a couple times without saying anything after hearing Cale's retort. Cale could see the wrinkles on Alberu's forehead from frowning. He looked like he was contemplating something. However, he erased any traces of it from his face and got to the point of the matter.

"I don't think there's a need for two people who are similar like us to try to sugar coat things. So, what do you want as your reward?"

Alberu crossed his arms as he asked Cale. The reason Alberu had come here so late had to do with dealing with the aftermath of the incident, but it was also because he had to look at the files regarding Cale Henituse.

However, there was nothing on Cale. Well, there was something, but it was useless.

< Famous in the Northeast for being trash. >

< Completely pushed out of the successor position two years ago but shows no complaints about the decision. >

< No signs of trying to cause issues in the home. >

It just said Cale Henituse was trash who liked to fool around and drink. That was worse than having no information. The Cale in front of Alberu was not trash.

For example, take the way he responded to the prince's question.

"Your highness, can you please explain what I will need to do for you first?"