Chapter 73 - Different than Intended (5)

"How did you know?"
"The mana told me."

Harol had a twisted smile on his face after hearing Cale's answer.

The mana told me. That was the phrase that was quite famous for being the Magic Tower's liege's favorite phrase.

Harol Kodiang. He was born between a mage and a magic resistant citizen, and he had the unique traits of both sides. However, his appearance did not look anything like the citizens at all.

"...Are you planning on using my bloodline as blackmail?"

Cale looked down from the 20th floor instead of responding to the question right away.

There were a lot of memorable extra characters in, 'The Birth of a Hero.' Harol Kodiang was one of them.

His mother passed away while giving birth to him alone, and his father did not even know of his existence.

That was the start of Harol's anger.

'However, there was something Harol did not know.'

It was something only the author and the readers would know. That one line was enough to make Harol's anger worthless.

< Harol Kodiang. He was a product of his parents' love, but unfortunately, he would never know the truth. >

The novel did not go into detail about it. All it said was that the liege of the Magic Tower met her when he was out training as a young mage and fell in love.

Cale continued to look out the window before speaking to the son of the Magic Tower's liege, who ended up destroying the Magic Tower.

"Why would I use it to blackmail you? Being related to someone by blood is not a sin."

Harol did not have a response. Cale turned his head to look at Harol.

"Plus, aren't you all the ones who are in a rush?"

They were currently between spring and summer, with the fall harvest season right in front of them. All of them had rebelled against the Magic Tower because they could not handle the taxation of the Magic Tower any longer.

Harol needed to fill the people's desire in order for them to rise up once again.

In fact, Harol was someone who wanted war even more than Toonka did. He wanted to destroy the seeds of mages in the entire world.

"...There is a mage within your crew."
"Yes there is."

Harol could feel mana like his father, but could not use it. There was no way he wouldn't know that Rosalyn was a mage. Of course, the reason that he couldn't feel Raon's presence was because his skills were too weak.

Harol could see how calm and confident Cale was and decided to ask.

"What is the Roan Kingdom planning to do with the Magic Tower?"

Cale started to frown as he made it very clear to Harol.

"The Magic Tower is mine."

Harol observed the red-haired man who spoke confidently while looking out the window.

"I do not share my things with anyone else."

He would have to be crazy to give this to the kingdom. Cale thought about all of the time he spent to get here. There was no way he would give this up. The Magic Tower would become an ingredient for him to create the sturdiest castle for his territory.

Cale could see that Harol's eyes were filled with complications and confusion.

'He probably is going through all sorts of scenarios in his head because he is so smart.'