Chapter 152 - To the Empire (2)

"Then should I head to the Empire first?"
"Yes. My plans will correspond with his highness, so you can move accordingly as well."

The crown prince was advertising his visit to the Empire to everyone. There was no reason to hide it since his actions would make the citizens of the Roan Kingdom believe that he was a just prince.

"I understand."

Cale ended this short meeting after seeing Billos nod his head without asking anything else.

The two planned on having a long conversation in the Empire's capital over drinks.

This was because they each had a lot of things to do.

Cale started to move quickly.
First of all, he needed to take care of all of the documents related to Harris Village before the Tiger tribe arrived.

"Basen, long time no see."
"Yes, hyung-nim!"

His younger brother Basen, whom he had not seen for a while, was now very involved in the territory's administration. Although Count Deruth had said that Cale was in charge of this Harris Village situation, he still put Basen by Cale's side.

'I can report things to Basen like this once he becomes the lord.'

Cale was planning on not doing much, but should there be a reason for him to report something, he felt relaxed that he could report to Basen like this.
That was why Cale's expression was calm as he handed Basen the documents.

"Here, these are the documents I created."
"Thank you, hyung-nim. I'm happy to be able to support you like this."
"Support? Father did not tell you to support me. He told us to work together."

Cale sighed at Basen's statement. He was thinking that his father had stuck Basen with him because he was worried that Cale would not take care of things properly.

'It means that Basen is that trustworthy when it comes to administrative tasks.'

It should mean that Basen's status as the successor was further solidified.

Basen looked at his brother, who was casually drinking tea after handing him the documents, and started to speak.

"Hyung-nim."
"Yes?"

Basen was touching the papers Cale had prepared.
People who had lost their home. Furthermore, they were the strong Tiger tribe. Cale Henituse had brought them to their territory.
Basen was amazed by his brother's level of sympathy and resourcefulness.

"Hyung-nim, I am currently working hard to learn about the workings of the territory. I believe that our territory has much more to offer than just marble, and so I plan to make the territory wealthier and sturdier."

Cale liked Basen's mindset to become the lord and make money.

"Great. I will continue to cheer you on."
"Thank you, hyung-nim! I really hope to show that to you in the future."

Basen's stoic face seemed quite passionate.

"Well, no need to show it to me."
"No, I need to do so. Hyung-nim, I need to show you that I am quite a useful person for the territory."

Cale looked toward Basen with shock. Basen stopped talking after seeing Cale's expression.

'...I guess I am quite lacking compared to the people around hyung-nim.'

That thought made Basen's expression stiffen up. He then heard Cale's voice.

"What the heck are you talking about? Basen Henituse, you are already a vital part of this territory. Do not have such thoughts."