Chapter 199 - There's a Dragon? (4)

The highest point of the Henituse territory.
Basen was still in the highest room of the castle tower.

"Hyu, hyung-nim!"

Basen's shout echoed out. He was holding onto the rails with one hand as if he was about to jump off the tower in order to rush toward Cale.

He was looking at the origin of the flash of light.

Basen Henituse heard a noise just as his sights returned.

Craaaaaaack.

The large sword that had received a crack prior to the attack.
That sword slowly cracked completely before disappearing into the air. A few of the wyverns that touched the specks of the disappearing sword instantly turned into ash. However, something else caught his attention before he could feel fear about what he had just seen.

He saw the shield.
The extremely small shield did not break. However, there was a crack where the sword had hit it, as if it was going to instantly break. In fact, the shield had cracks all over it.
It looked ready to break at any moment.

He then saw his hyung-nim, Cale Henituse.

Beeeeeep- Beeeeeeep-

The information communication room.
All sorts of emergency calls were flooding in.
There were especially a lot of calls from all over the northeast region.

Many video communication devices were currently connected to the Henituse territory.
They had seen the battlefield through the screen.

However, Basen could not hear any of those loud noises. All he could see was his hyung-nim who was barely managing to stand.

He could also see the black blood Cale was coughing up. The seventeen-year-old Basen felt the pain of war for the first time in his life.
It was at that moment.

– Basen Henituse.

He heard crown prince Alberu's voice.
He had not heard it properly the first time, however, the significantly dry voice quickly brought Basen back to his senses.

– What did your hyung-nim order you to do?

Basen raised his head.
He recalled what his Cale had told him.

He turned his head and looked around the information communication room. This was currently the center of information for the entire Roan Kingdom. Information was the most important factor in a war.

– If you do not want to be embarrassed, no, if you do not want to regret this in the future, do not forget your task.

Although Alberu was saying this to Basen, he was saying it to himself as well.
Alberu's face that was visible through the screen was bloodshot as he focused on what was going on in the Henituse territory.

He said one more thing to Basen.
– The First Brigade of the Royal Knights and the Mage Brigade are currently heading toward the Henituse territory.

Cale Henituse had told him to wait.
However, the crown prince started to play his part in order to not be embarrassed or regret things in the future.

The Roan Kingdom's Mage Brigade took their first step to show themselves to the world for the first time.
Basen also started to order the knights responsible for the video communication devices.

"...We are going to start accurately relaying the information about the enemies to the entire Roan Kingdom."

His brother had told him something three days ago, the same night as the crown prince's proclamation.

'We are the first line.'

His brother's voice was clearly reappearing in his mind.

'He said that the first line was extremely important. If people hear about how we survived and protected the castle, the morale of the Roan Kingdom would change.'