Chapter 144 - Isn't It a Pity? (3)

Harol suspected that the basement was used as a prison and as a dwelling for the slaves.

Clack. Clack.

Cale's group did not say much as they headed down the stone staircase and into the basement. There was only one thing on all of their minds right now.

"A dead mana bomb?"

Rosalyn let out a sigh.

Clack.

Cale stopped on the last step to go down into the basement.

"Miss Rosalyn, please shine some light into the basement."
"Got it."

Rosalyn created some light orbs and sent them floating into different areas of the basement. The orbs soon lit up the entire area.

"It seems to be a prison."

Cale nodded his head at Choi Han's comment.

The area was full of iron cages. Although there were many paths available to take, they all seemed to lead to cages. Choi Han looked at the simple yet complicated layout and started to speak.

"It looks like a maze. Cale-nim, should I go down first?"
"Do you want to die?"
"... Excuse me?"

Choi Han could see that Cale was smiling.

Cale motioned for Choi Han to stay still before looking to his side.

Sniff. Sniff.

Raon was still sniffing. Although he did not look like a majestic Dragon as he did that, Cale just continued to let Raon do his thing.
Raon made eye contact with Cale after sniffing for a bit longer. Raon stopped sniffing and tilted his head in confusion after seeing Cale's warm gaze.
At that moment, Cale pointed to the basement and started to speak to Raon.

"Raon, go!"

Raon, who blankly blinked his eyes a few times, finally nodded his head.

"Alright, human! Just follow me!"

Sniff. Sniff.

Raon started to sniff again.

It was difficult to detect dead mana unless you had the darkness attribute. The only reason that Raon was able to do so was because the dead mana was the dead Dragon's mana, something that Raon was used to.

"Hmm?"

Raon looked behind him only to see that Cale was not following him.
Cale was leaning on the wall of the staircase with his arms crossed.

"Let me know when you find them all."

Shoo. Shoo.

Raon nodded his head at Cale's shooing motion and started to move. Choi Han watched this while fidgeting. At that moment, Rosalyn used levitation magic to lift herself slightly off the ground.

"Young master Cale, I can follow behind Raon-nim if I do this, right?"
"Yes. Enjoy your trip."

Rosalyn smiled before chasing behind Raon. She was using small mana orbs to verify the route that Raon took in order to make sure that it was okay.
Choi Han, who watched this for a moment, finally started to speak.

"Cale-nim, are you worried that Raon might miss a bomb and we might get hurt? Is that why you are making me stay here?"

Cale did not respond as he continued to observe the area that was continuing to light up with Rosalyn's mana orbs. Choi Han started to smile and stood next to Cale as if he was a guard.

'His tone is rude but he's always looking out for everyone.'

As Choi Han was thinking that, Cale had a different thought in his head.