Chapter 103 - It's real (3)

"What do you mean?"

Mary's robotic voice was slightly shaking.

"I am saying I will give you a place to stay until winter. However, the place you will be staying is not a village or city where humans live as you wish."

The innkeeper slowly walked toward the door and locked it. His concerned gaze was focused on Mary.
Cale looked toward the innkeeper before continuing to speak.

"However, you can spend your time looking at the real sky and the beauty of the surface."

Although it would be in the Forest of Darkness that was full of monsters, it still had the beauty of nature and the beautiful sky that you could not see in this underground city.

"...I do not wish to burden you."

That was Mary's answer after a long duration of silence.

The word, 'burden,' made Cale start to smile.

"You are probably saying that because you still don't know me very well."

Cale sat down and looked up at Mary, only to see that she was wearing a black mask underneath her robe as well.
He continued to speak to the girl whom he had never actually made eye contact with.

"I don't ever do anything that will burden me."

Why would he do something crazy like turning the churches against him? He was offering this to her because he was able to give her a situation that would let her be on land without being caught by the churches.

"As for the next six months after that."

Mary had said that she was going to travel for a year.
Cale, naturally, remembered what she had said.

"I will help you so that you can escape from the Church of the Sun God at least once without dying."

The black hood flinched, as if Mary had jerked her head in shock underneath.

"Is that possible?"

The innkeeper interjected into the conversation. Cale had heard from Shawn that this old man was the one who treated Mary the most like his own family after Tasha had left.

"Is that really possible?"

Cale looked toward the old man asking him with a shaky voice and answered.

"A dragon's dead mana. I will give that to you."

However, his words were directed at Mary.
If her strength was at Rosalyn's level and she needed to avoid the priests of the Church of the Sun God, all he had to do was make her stronger.

It was only fair for him to do that much for someone who would make Ron a new arm.

"Young master-nim."
Ron, who had been quietly listening all this time, interjected. Cale raised his hand to stop him.

"Stop talking."
"But young master-nim. A dragon's dead mana is too precious, I am fine-"
"Beacrox."

Cale turned away from Ron and called out to Beacrox, who was still blankly staring at space.

"Didn't I tell you to go get some lemonade?"
"Ah-."
"Hurry up."
"Yes sir."

Beacrox avoided his father's gaze and rushed toward the kitchen. Cale offered Mary a seat.

"Sit wherever you like."

He seemed so relaxed that people would probably think he owned the place.

"First of all."