Chapter 181 - I Did Pick It Up ... But (3)

That was why Cale was anxious.
Raon placed his short paw on top of Cale's shoulder.

"Human, this is worth thousands, no, it is worth over ten thousand apple pies! Look at the jewel!"

His other short paw pointed toward the jewel on the crown, but Cale continued to frown. Raon tilted his head from side to side in confusion as he continued to speak.

"Your aura is flowing out of this crown! I'm sure that it will be beneficial for you! The weak you needs to get stronger!"

'Why the hell would I want to get stronger?'
Cale grumbled as he continued to frown after hearing Raon's words.

"I don't need it. Won't you be by my side anyway?"

'And Choi Han, On, and Hong as well. I have so many people to take advantage of strength-wise, so why would I get stronger and spill my own blood?'
Cale looked toward Raon after not hearing a response.

Flinch.
The Black Dragon flinched at Cale's gaze before starting to shout.

"Of course I will be here! I will not forgive you if you go somewhere without me!"

'He doesn't change whether he is four or six years old.'
Cale pushed away Raon who was extremely close and closed the box before putting it in his bag. He didn't even touch the crown.

'This is just baggage.'

Cale decided to show this crown to Eruhaben after dealing with the Caro Kingdom business and returning home.
But he did have a question.

'Why does Arm have this crown?'

Now that he thought about it, the people who took dead mana from the Black Swamp were members of Arm as well.
Cale started to get annoyed for some reason.

It was because he suddenly thought about something.

'Would Arm really give the Marquis a special animal like a Dragon just as part of a deal?
Why would those bastards who were aligned with the Empire and the Northern Alliance value networking with a noble from a small kingdom like the Roan Kingdom?'

"Human, why are you frowning so much? You look like a squashed apple pie!"

Cale frowned even more at Raon's comment as he continued to think.

'What if the secret organization was planning on taking the Dragon away once he grew up?'

Arm would definitely be capable of doing that.
When he thought about it that way, this crown, and even Raon, were probably part of a sinister plot. Cale started to mumble in annoyance.

"...These bastards, I thought I was a terrible person, but aren't they even worse?"

Raon's eyes opened wide at Cale's quiet mumbling.

"Human! You may be a scammer, but your foundation is firm and good! Do not think that you are a bad person!"
'Haaaa.'

Cale held back his sigh after hearing Raon's nonsense. He ignored Raon, who kept glancing at him, and opened the door.

Click.
Raon immediately turned invisible and became shocked at Cale's next words.

"Blow this room away."

'Blow it away?'
The Black Dragon's wings fluttered.

"No. Don't do it."

Cale thought about destroying this place before changing his mind.
The staff working at the Duke's Estate did not commit any wrongdoings. Cale slammed the door open.
He could see a mess outside of the door.