Chapter 125 - I'll Do It! (3)

Compared to the excited Black Dragon, the Gold Dragon was feeling iffy even though he got the response that he had wanted.

"Teach me everything! Teach me everything that you know!"

Eruhaben looked at how excited Raon was and quietly mumbled back.

"...I plan to do that."
"Great idea! Don't you agree, weak human?"
"Yes, yes."

Eruhaben had lived for close to 1,000 years, but had never seen such a combination like this human who was nodding his head and the Dragon that was flapping his wings.

'Am I making the right decision?'

He questioned it for a moment, but quickly stopped doubting himself as he did not have much time left. This was fate as well. He happened to meet a young Dragon while in his twilight years, and that Dragon was one that was not like normal Dragons. What else could this be if it was not fate?

He started to laugh, thinking about how he had never expected such an odd situation.

"Might as well pass everything on since I am going to die soon."

Although Eruhaben was laughing as he said that, silence quickly filled the area. However, Eruhaben could feel the gazes that were focused on him.

"What? Goldie, what did you just say?"
"Excuse me? Dragon-nim, what are you talking about?"

Raon flew in front of Eruhaben's face and started to shout, while Pendrick was shaking, as if he had heard the declaration for the destruction of the world.

Raon flew around and looked over Eruhaben's body as he asked.

"Are you poisoned? Did someone curse you? Did you get hurt while fighting?"

Eruhaben felt odd hearing the shocked and concerned voice of this little Dragon. However, he pushed Raon away with his hand.

"Little kid, does it make sense for a Dragon to suffer from such things?"
"Not at all!"

Eruhaben then flinched at Raon's continued words.

"Then why are you dying? Don't die! You're the only other Dragon I know!"

The Gold Dragon's expression became difficult to read. He seemed like he was about to laugh, but also like he was in disbelief. Eruhaben avoided Raon's passionate gaze only to end up making eye contact with Cale.

"May I ask why you are sick?"
"I've just become weak with age."

Eruhaben waved it off, but Cale started to worry.

'Since we're getting something from him...'

Cale started to think back to see if there was an ancient power that could help.

Eruhaben petted Pendrick, who seemed to be in a chaotic state from the sudden news, on the head. He recalled when Chief Canaria had brought this Elf who could not see Elementals with her to the lair.

He was curious about Pendrick's unique disposition that he had saved this dying Elf in order to satisfy his curiosity. This child had started to follow Eruhaben around after that. Feeling Pendrick's sincerity, Eruhaben started to treat Pendrick with gentleness rather than curiosity.

"Pendrick, all things of the world are bound to get old and die. Nothing can overcome death. Well, there are ways of controlling death."
"H, how?"

Eruhaben was calm while Pendrick was anxious.

"You need to follow the darkness. Like the Lich."

"Ah."

Pendrick let out a gasp.