Chapter 187 - A Small Goal (2)

– Human, w, what are these things?!

"Meeeeeow."
"Meeow!"

They had come out for a walk.
It was a stroll to the casino.

Cale casually walked while looking at the fancy fountain, the magic gambling devices, and the tables to one side of the first floor.

– H, human! Did you just see that?! He put in a copper coin and the magic device returned a gold coin!

The invisible six-year-old dragon's eyes were hurriedly looking around the first floor.
There definitely was not any magic that would turn one copper coin into numerous gold coins. Both magic and alchemy returned something equivalent to the item you sacrificed.
You used mana to create fire or wind. Something like that.

The Black Dragon quickly figured out that you needed to line up the pictures of the same fruit to win on these magic gambling devices. The intelligent Dragon that had experienced the world for the past two years shared his thoughts with Cale.

– Human, do you want to loot these magic devices?

"Aigoo."

Cale was flabbergasted. He was amazed at the same time.

'Dragons really are different.'

Rather than trying out these gambling magic devices that resembled slot machines of his previous world, the Dragon instead wanted to steal the device and break it apart in order to see how it worked.
Cale did feel a sense of satisfaction, but feigned ignorance as he asked.

"Why?"

The floor was so loud that nobody was paying attention to Cale, who was talking while holding a small kitten in his arms.
Only Vice Captain Hilsman who had Hong in his arms and Billos behind him looked at him with confusion. Cale naturally did not pay attention to the two of them.

– What do you mean why?! We need to figure out how they work! How could you not know that?

'Hooo.'

– And then I will be able to take all of the money from here! I will use 1 silver coin from my piggy bank in order to rake it all in!

Cale's expression turned stiff.
A dragon really was amazing. Raon was thinking even more practically than Cale.
Cale seriously considered Raon's suggestion before seeing someone put in 1 copper coin, which was 1 cound in the Caro Kingdom's currency, into a machine and then turning away.

Resignation, anticipation, desperation, obsession, and despair. Cale didn't want to take the money that was gathered through the collection of all of these emotions.
Wouldn't it be better to steal from wealthier people if he was going to steal?

"Young master-nim, over there."

Billos stealthily pointed in a direction. Cale's gaze headed toward the innermost section of the first floor.

They were in a building in the shape of a large golden tree.
They called it the Golden Tree because you might strike gold in here. This was the Caro Kingdom's legal casino.

Anybody could get in if they paid 1 silver coin, or 10 counds. There were fountains in the center of the first floor that were visible once you went into the building.

Once you got past the assortment of fountains, there was a path that started with a golden door.

It was the path to the upper levels that were known as the Fruit of the Golden Tree.
A single person was currently going through that path right now.

This was one of the two people that Cale had Billos send invitations to attend the auction.

It was a middle-aged man who seemed to be in his fifties with a solemn expression on his face.
However, even with the solemn expression, he reminded Cale of a Korean Congressman.