Chapter 109 - Scary (2)

Cale looked around while acting like a random passerby.

"What is going on?"

One of the other robed individuals got up to ask the robed individual that jumped up and made the chair fall down.

"Let, let me go!"

The original robed individual raised his voice. His voice echoed through the restaurant, and Cale thought he could see the anxiety on the individual's face through the robe.
Cale looked up at the ceiling.

– Human, I am spinning in circles!

It sounded like Raon was going around the ceiling in circles. Cale lowered his gaze and looked around the restaurant. The dainty white hands of the individual Cale assumed to be an Elf were shaking.

"...My goodness!"

The individual who had probably met a Dragon in the past slowly started to walk. The face that was hidden underneath the robe's hood was looking around left and right.

Pow. Pow.

The middle-aged Elf ran into other people as he walked.

"What the?"
"What the hell?"

The Elf ignored everything. No, it was more like he could not say anything because he was in shock. The other robed individual apologized to everyone as he chased after the first Elf.

Cale was nervous.

'Don't come over here.'

Cale used his peripheral vision to observe the Elf. At the same time, Cale tapped Hans on the shoulder. He didn't know what Hans was talking to the innkeeper about, but the tap was his way of telling Hans to hurry it up.

– Human, how long do I have to spin in circles? I will keep on doing it!

Raon sounded excited. He seemed to be enjoying flying in circles. Cale ignored the now 5-year-old's excitement.

'The Dark Elves are related to the crown prince and we are the only ones who know about their existence, so it was difficult to feign ignorance toward them.'

But he needed to deny it as much as possible in this situation.

The novel, 'The Birth of a Hero,' described in a single line about how much the Elves revered the Dragons.

< Elves would cheer after seeing a Dragon flutter their wings once. >

Nothing else needed to be said. Dark Elves were probably three times better than regular Elves when it came to dealing with Dragons. A single flutter of Raon's wings could make the Elves fall over with joy.

'What a terrible thought.'

But Cale's expression slowly became stiffer.

'Why is he coming this way?'

'Raon isn't even here.'

Cale's heart started to beat quickly.

At that moment, a welcomed voice reached Cale's ear.

"Young master-nim!"

Hans could see a bright smile on Cale's face as he called out to him.

"Yes! Hans!"

Hans had never seen Cale looking so happy to see him. He had a bitter taste in his mouth about it, but still proceeded with what he needed to say.

"The good rooms are only on the third floor and higher, is that oka-."
"Very good."

Cale's tone made it very clear that he wanted to quickly head to that room. Hans quickly turned back to talk to the innkeeper after receiving the message from Cale to make it happen quickly.