Chapter 66 - Wasn't Supposed to Be Like This (3)

However, contrary to their expectations, Cale headed into the study with a stoic expression. He pushed back his still slightly damp red hair as he sat down and faced the three guests.

He took a sip of the tea that deputy butler Hans had given him before he started to speak.

"Long time no see."

Cale looked toward Choi Han, whose expression did not change at all, and the just as shy Lock, and greeted them before looking toward Rosalyn.

"Your Highness, Princess Rosalyn, it has been quite a long time."

Rosalyn started to smile and answered in a refreshing manner.

"You cannot call me princess anymore. I have been banished from the royal family."
"...Is that so?"
"Yes. I have been removed from the family records. I no longer have a family name."

Cale just turned away from Rosalyn, who answered in such a happy manner. He then casually added on.

"I guess I can just continue to call you Miss Rosalyn then."

Rosalyn's red pupils focused on Cale. Although she was the one who chose to give up her claims to the throne instead of getting written off, people still had looks of pity toward her these days. Seeing Cale acting so normally around her made her able to respond with a relaxed heart.

"Yes. Just like before. You can keep treating me like that in the future too."

She could see Cale nodding without even looking at her and thought that she really did the right thing by choosing to come back with Choi Han.
Cale did not see Rosalyn's smile, as he had turned to look at Choi Han and Lock. Choi Han was sitting straight up, but seemed to be quite happy.

'It feels like he became even more of a good guy.'

Choi Han's pupils were so clear that he seemed like a very good person. In fact, he seemed to have taken another step toward becoming a hero of justice. Cale turned away from that good guy vibe that did not mesh well with him and instead looked toward Lock.

Lock was different from Choi Han. He seemed to have something to say, but was too shy to say it and thus could only sit there fidgeting his fingers.

"Cale-nim."
"What?"

There was no need for him to turn around. Choi Han was the only person who called him, 'Cale-nim.'

"Should I report about what happened at Breck Kingdom?"

Rosalyn suddenly looked toward Choi Han in shock. However, Choi Han did not look at her and only looked toward Cale.
However, Cale, who was looking at Lock, shook his head.

"No need. I don't think I need to know what you did for a friend."

Rosalyn could see Choi Han smiling peacefully after hearing Cale's words. He then started to speak.

"Yes, that is true, but please let me know if there is anything you are curious about. I will report it to you right away."
"No need."

Cale felt like he would just get a headache if he knew about it. He did not want to know how they were able to cause such a ruckus in the Breck Kingdom in such a short amount of time, as well as how Rosalyn gave up her claim to the throne.

"Lock."

He called out to Lock instead.

"Err, yes?"

Lock, who was now taller than Choi Han, was still a bit awkward. Cale knew why Lock was so fidgety right now.

Hans had said that Choi Han's group had arrived an hour ago. While Choi Han and Rosalyn probably had a lot to do once they got here, it was obvious what Lock was thinking about in this foreign place.