Chapter 155 - Rolling in By the Vine (2)

Cale looked toward the stiff alchemist and started to speak.

"May I come in?"

The alchemist opened and closed his mouth a few times before verifying that nobody else was around and then moving to the side.

"Come, haaaa, come in for now."

Cale immediately walked in. He was walking with a relaxed pace, as if he was going into his own living room.

He then walked over to a chair with a broken back and sat down.
He could see alchemy tools that have not been sanitized properly as he looked around.

Alchemy in this world was similar to alchemy on Earth.
It was used to make gold. However, the methods of doing so were different.

The alchemists of the Western continent sought to use natural elements to create gold. Specifically, they tried to use water, wind, earth, wood, and fire. These five natural elements were the main elements used to attempt to create gold.

These five elements were intertwined with mana as well.

Clack!

Cale looked toward the table with broken corners in front of him. There was a round bowl sitting there.

"There is only cold water in the house. I do not know what kind of priest-nim you are, but please drink this cold water and then get on your way!"

The alchemist filled the bowl with cold water and pushed it toward Cale. Cale did not even look at the bowl.
His gaze was focused on the alcohol bottles in the room amongst the alchemy tools.

"What are you looking at? Aigoo, just what?!"

The middle-aged alchemist saw that Cale's gaze was on the alcohol bottles and kicked them to one side.

"Ah, damn."

Clang, clang, clang!
The alcohol bottles made loud noises as they ran into the alchemy tools. The mess made the middle-aged man start to frown. He heard the priest's voice at that time.

"Alcoholic fake alchemist. Makes poison and small bombs for underworld organizations to use when they fight against each other."

Alchemists were unable to make bombs that were as strong as magic bombs, however, they were able to borrow the power of nature in order to create small bombs.
However, compared to magic bombs that had a 100 percent rate of success, their success rate depended on whether the power of nature could release mana or not.

That was why it could be said that the timed magic bomb they found in Maple Castle was amazing.

The tired and drunk man's gaze turned toward the priest.
The two of them made eye contact.

"I heard that you would make anything as long as you got paid. Am I wrong?"

Cale did not know the man's name yet. There were only a few things he knew about him.

This man was someone who had not appeared in the first five volumes of, 'The Birth of a Hero,' and Billos had only brought a small amount of information about him.

'He is said to have been acting in this fake alchemist role for approximately 10 years. The underworld organizations think he is fake because his poisons and small bombs are only made properly half the time.'

A fake alchemist with a 50 percent chance of success. That made Cale let out a snort.

'It means that he knows how to make 50 percent of the real thing.'

That was enough.
What Cale wanted was someone with basic alchemy skills and something else. This middle-aged man had that something else.

Fake alchemist.
It was said that nobody knew his name.
However, he had many nicknames.