Chapter 151 - To the Empire (1)

– I presume that the bastards of the Empire think that I am really annoying.

Why was the crown prince suddenly criticizing himself?
Cale quietly waited for the crown prince to continue to speak.

It was because the crown prince looked extremely happy.

'I've never seen him looking like this.'

Cale suddenly started to feel iffy.

– I was the crown prince who sought justice for my kingdom as I sought out the organization responsible for the magic bomb incident in our Roan Kingdom.

Cale's expression became even worse.
On the other hand, crown prince Alberu's expression became even brighter as if he was very happy.

– I looked like a crown prince who had set his goal toward getting rid of those damn bastards from the Western continent rather than paying attention to what was going on. I had shown sympathy to the Empire for having suffered a similar incident and had urged them to work together to find the culprits.

Cale started to speak.

"The Empire probably had a major headache."
– Yes. I enjoyed it.

Alberu was smiling brightly in front of Cale for the first time in a long time. Cale avoided his gaze and started to think that the Empire was put in an awkward position.

The Roan Kingdom.
It was a so-so kingdom that was neither strong nor weak. However, it was a kingdom with a long history on the Western continent.

If the crown prince of that kingdom becomes filled with justice and causes a scene, the Empire would not be able to ignore him. However, they also could not scream, 'justice,' with him.

'Since they are accomplices.'

Neither Cale nor Alberu could confirm whether the Mogoru Empire was in cahoots with the secret organization Arm and their magic bomb terror incident on the Roan Kingdom.

However, the Empire was definitely involved with the secret organization's attack on the Church of the Sun God and they had also tried to kill the Saint and the Holy Maiden.

That was why they would want to push aside the terror incidents as quietly as possible.
So this crown prince who continued to bring it up would be extremely annoying to them.

However, Alberu was acting like that in order to hide their alliance with the other kingdoms.

"But what does that have to do with doing something big?"
– As I was acting like that.

Cale shook his head at Alberu's words.

"Acting? Your highness has always been such a person. You are just and pure."
– Enough with the nonsense.

Alberu started to frown, so Cale shut up. Alberu started to speak to the person who was even worse than him.

– Anyways, I asked day and night for an investigation of the bombing location.
"An investigation?"
– Yes. I said I wanted to find even the smallest clue and said that I wanted to look around the Church of the Sun God's Vatican and the plaza in front of it. (Vatican is the word the author used here. )I continued to ask, even when they were at war.
"Did the Empire not get angry?"
– I jabbed at them slowly.

Cale did not believe him at all. Cale held back his scoff and asked.

"Your highness, based on the fact that you have contacted me, I'm guessing that the Empire agreed to your investigation?"
– It has already been a year since the incident. They seem to have agreed while thinking that I will not manage to find anything.