Chapter 59 - Just Destroy It (1)

Cale's family was naturally the first to greet him back home.

Swish. Swoosh.

Cale's body was turned to the left and right against his will.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Cale's shoulders, arms, face, and both hands were thoroughly inspected. Cale just had a blank expression during the entire process.

"Looks like you don't have any serious injuries."

Count Deruth inspected Cale for a long time before finally smiling in relief. Cale put on a soulless smile and fixed up his messed up sleeves.

Count Deruth was still strong because he still practiced with his sword every morning.

"How is your condition? Are you tired?"
"I am fine."

Once Count Deruth was finished, Countess Violan approached Cale.

"I heard you have more people with you now."

She was talking about the Wolf children and the Whale siblings. The Whale siblings currently looked completely different thanks to the Black Dragon's magic.

"Yes, it somehow ended up that way."
"Okay."

Cale could see the still flawless Violan's eyes turning chilly. ( :O If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is Beacrox's mom! )

"...I heard they still have not caught the terrorists."
"That is what I have heard as well."
"Alright. That'll do for now."

Violan's gaze turned to Count Deruth, who also looked back at her as they exchanged messages through their eyes. Cale wondered what they might be conveying, but pretended not to know of their silent conversation. Their gazes looked like they were going to do something big. Count Deruth started to smile gently as he started to speak to Cale.

"We can hear about the incident at the capital and your ancient power later, so go rest for now."
"Yes, daddy." ( I'm sorry, I just had to. It was the perfect opportunity. )

Cale could finally head to his room at the Count's suggestion. However, there were more people holding him back. They were his younger siblings, Basen and Lily.

"Hyung-nim, how are you feel-."
"Ah, right."

Cale turned away from his siblings and motioned to deputy butler Hans. Hans immediately approached them.

"Here you go."
"Good."

Cale handed the items he took from Hans to Basen and Lily.

"Fountain pen for you, and a sword for you."

Cale had not forgotten about the items his siblings had asked him to get. He handed them their presents and looked at them before asking.

"What's wrong?"

Basen's face was stiff.

"I'm sure it was chaotic."
"I still had to keep my promise."

Basen listened to Cale's emotionless response and stared at him before clenching onto the box with the fountain pen and starting to speak.

"I will study very hard. I will work for this territory's administration and development."
"Good, good."

'You have to be the next Count, so it will be great for you to study administration.'

It was a great mindset in Cale's opinion. Cale started to smile while Basen hesitated for a moment before adding on.

"I will not do anything that will trouble you."
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing, don't worry about it."