Chapter 121 - Nice to Meet You (4)

– Human, careful, careful! You'll fall and die if you trip!

Raon's nagging did not reach Cale's ears. Cale walked toward the destroyed remains that Beacrox pointed to.

"What is going on?"
"Please take a look."

Beacrox pointed to a dark area underneath the remains. Cale looked down and saw a box that seemed to have been busted in multiple locations from the explosion.
At that moment, Cale said two words while acting like he was shocked.

"My goodness!"

Beacrox nodded his head at Cale's exclamation.

'As expected, the young master is good at acting.'

Cale then turned around and looked toward Beacrox as he asked.

"How far down is it?"

'It seems to be lower than the third floor of the basement.'

That was supposed to be Choi Han's line.

"That. place. Is-"

But Beacrox blocked Choi Han with his left arm and answered instead.

"It seems to be lower than the third floor of the basement."
"...Really?"

Rustle. Rustle.

Cale heard the footsteps getting closer to him and asked with a serious expression.

"Was there a fourth floor to the basement? Didn't they say that the Magic Tower only had three basement floors?"
"I. Know. Right? That. Is. What. I. Heard."

Cale completely ignored Choi Han for the first time. He didn't even look at Choi Han, and instead turned around to make eye contact with the people approaching him. The mage, Rosalyn, started to speak with a serious expression on her face.

"Young master-nim, to be honest with you, I have heard that the Magic Tower was conducting some secret research. Ah!"

She sounded shocked as she covered her mouth with her hands. She acted like she didn't know what to do as she looked behind Cale. It was as if she had said something that the person behind Cale should not have heard.

'Amazing.'

Cale applauded Rosalyn's acting skills as he slowly turned around.

"...Chief Harol."

Harol Kodiang was looking toward Rosalyn with an odd expression on his face. He slowly turned his gaze toward Cale once Cale called his name. An unknown look of passion was in Harol's eyes as Cale started to speak.

"Something unexpected seems to have happened, Chief Harol. Don't you think so?"
"...It does seem that way."

Harol was trying to answer with a calm demeanor, but he could not hide the greed in his heart.

"What is going on? Why are you all gathered around the broken Magic Tower?"

Toonka and his subordinates soon arrived. The other Chiefs were arriving as well. Cale put a hand on Harol's shoulder as he started to speak.

"Toonka."
"...What is it?"

Toonka seemed to be nervous. Cale had never called his name so seriously yet gently before.

"We seem to have found a hidden area of the Magic Tower."
"What about it? Is it not completely destroyed?"

'...You stupid idiot.'

Cale wanted to smack Toonka on the head, but held back as he gave an order to his crew.

"Go figure out what is down there. And Harol."
"Yes, young master-nim."