Chapter 142 - Isn't It a Pity? (1)

"Huuuu."

Cale let out a sigh. Toonka responded immediately to the sigh.

– No need to worry about it too much. Did you forget who I am? I am Toonka. I will find a way, so you don't need to worry about me.
"Spit out your coordinates."
– ... What?

'Coordinates?'

Toonka could see the complicated expression on Cale's face. Cale then started to speak in an annoyed tone.

"Tell me the coordinates of your current location. I will head over."
– ... Why?

'Why?'

Cale became extremely annoyed at Toonka's question.

'No, he's right. Even I don't know why I have to go there. But it's not like I can not go.'

The Whipper Kingdom needed to take control of this castle in order to reduce the power of the Empire.

'... Although I don't know what the Empire is thinking.'

Cale didn't know why the Empire would do this and relinquish the castle.

The Empire could be doing this in order to focus more of their forces on the other two castles that Toonka's side was aiming for or they could be doing this so that they can ambush Toonka's forces while they try to put out the fire.

He could figure things out once he got there.
Cale looked toward Toonka who was blinking his eyes in confusion.

"Why? Someone needs to bring over some priests and put out that fire."
– ... You're going to do that?

Toonka asked with confusion before shutting up. There was no way that Cale Henituse, the man who was looking at him with a serious expression right now, would be joking about something like that.

– Yes, if it is you, I know that you wouldn't say things you don't mean.
"So hurry up and spit out your coordinates so that I can get there."

'I'll go quickly and hurry back after putting out the fire.'

That was what Cale was telling himself.

Toonka watched Cale pick up a pen and paper to write down the coordinates.

Toonka was feeling odd.
Even if Cale Henituse had priests among his people and knew how to put out the fire, there was no reason to come over. The war was not yet over and nobody had given up.
It was just a continuous standstill.

That was why this battlefield could become dangerous at any moment. Toonka could not understand why Cale would have no qualms about coming to such a place.

At the same time, he could understand Cale's current predicament.

'He's too nice.'

Toonka confirmed his opinion of Cale once more before starting to speak.

– I will tell the mage from the Roan Kingdom that you are coming. We will install a teleportation magic circle and give you the proper coordinates. (Looks like after going back and forth, 'teleportation magic circle,' is the winner. )
"Fine. Just hurry up."
– Alright. It's been a while since I've seen in you in person.

Cale nodded his head and started to speak.

"Ah, by the way."

Toonka was smiling and telling Cale to say what was on his mind. Cale didn't want to look at Toonka's ugly smiling face, so he turned away from the screen as he continued to speak.

"I'll be in a disguise."
– What?
"I'm hanging up now."

Click.

Cale ended the call.
There was nothing else he needed to say to Toonka right now. He just needed to find out the coordinates of the teleportation magic circle later.
He got up from the chair.