Chapter 51 - Into the Whirlpool (2)

Cale looked out through the small window on the boat. ( It's a small boat that requires oars but has rooms and windows?! o.O ) The color of the violent water was not transparent at all. It was white and blue as it reflected the bottom of the sea, and became a darker and darker shade of blue as it got closer to the center of the whirlpool.

'You'd probably die if you get caught in it.'

Cale thought about the new magic bombs in the magic box back in his residence. He then turned his gaze toward the front and looked toward the smallest island of the cluster of islands in front of him.

"Young master-nim, it is that island over there! The whirlpool in front of that island is the worst! You'll need to say goodbye to this world immediately if you get caught in that one! Hahaha!"

The fisherman was really gutsy. He didn't even see the Vice Captain's face turn paler as he continued to speak.

Cale held back the feeling of needing to vomit and paid attention to the fisherman's words.

"There is a legend that says that the whirlpool appeared because of a thief who stole something from a god, but, aiya!"

The boat leaned to one side. Cale gulped after seeing the water crash against the boat's window.

"Aigoo, the boat almost tipped over. Hey punk, row properly!"

"Sorry dad!"

The fishing dad and son duo really were gutsy.

"That is why, young master-nim."

"Hey."

In the end, Cale raised his hand to stop the old man and sternly started to speak.

"Let's talk after making it to that island first."

"That is what lady Amiru said as well! We are almost there."

The old man skillfully started to row. The boat that was moving as he continued to row somehow twisted and turned to avoid all of the whirlpools. Cale observed each and every one of the whirlpools they passed.

'The marks of the wind vomited out by the Sound of the Wind.'

The ancient power called, 'The Sound of the Wind,' created wind, 'tops,' and spun them as strong as it could. And, as time went on, those tops created new tops, leading to the numerous whirlpools visible today.

"Y, young master, I, I'm supposed to be protecting you.. Ugh."

Cale ignored the Vice Captain's words as he clenched onto the boat's handles. He did not want to drown to death.

Finally, the boat arrived at an island and Cale could once again feel the ground underneath his feet.

"We have arrived. It was easier than usual."

The fisherman's son nodded at his father's words. Cale looked past the two of them to see the Vice Captain leaning over.

"Baaaarf."

The Vice Captain was suffering from such severe seasickness that Cale wondered if he may end up dying. Cale tapped Beacrox's arm as Beacrox walked by him and pointed to the Vice Captain. Beacrox frowned before taking out a pair of white gloves from his pocket and putting them on as he headed over to the Vice Captain.

Cale flinched a bit once he saw the white gloves.

'Aren't those the gloves that he uses for torture to keep himself clean?'

Beacrox seemed to have an endless supply of those white gloves. After observing the existence of these white gloves for the first time, Cale stopped looking at Beacrox and the Vice Captain and looked around the island.