Chapter 174 - Tricked? (2)

The group descended into silence.

The Killer Whale Archie and half-blooded Whale Paseton seemed to be at a loss for words while Rosalyn and Choi Han seemed to be contemplating something.

The silver kitten On avoided Cale's gaze with an expression that seemed to be saying she expected as much from Cale.

However, Cale did not have time to pay attention to this silence as there was a loud voice echoing in his mind.

– Human! You really are our human! We cannot let people get hurt during our firework show!

Raon sounded very excited. How could there be such a vicious six-year-old? Cale shook his head and looked toward Choi Han and Rosalyn.
Choi Han quietly looked back at Cale before starting to speak.

"What do I need to do?"

Choi Han had heard what Cale had said.

'We don't want to hurt anybody.'

Choi Han had no hesitation because Cale always thought like this, even when he was acting like a villain.

"We'll figure it out together."

He then smiled at Cale's response. Together. For someone like Choi Han, who had lived for tens of years in solitude to survive, a word like, 'together,' was always nice to hear.

Cale then made eye contact with Rosalyn, who was also smiling.

"Sounds like a very effective plan and the perfect time to do it."
"I knew you would say that, Miss Rosalyn."

The two Whales seemed even more confused, but Cale did not care as he gave Paseton an order.

"Paseton, let's get a place to stay first."
"Ah, yes sir!"
"Then we will go sightseeing around the lake."

Lake.
That word made Paseton gulp as he guided Cale's group into the Paerun Kingdom's capital.
People could not help but peek at them.

Their group had the typical travelers' robes that made it difficult to see their faces. That was not weird.
However, there was someone these robed travelers were surrounding as if they were guarding him.
The white-haired priest was who the people were peeking at.

Cale felt their gazes and started to smile.

– You are smiling like that again even though you are not talking to the crown prince!

As for Raon's comment, he just ignored it as usual.

* * *

Crunch, crunch.

His footsteps were calm as he walked through the snow. Cale looked around him.
He did not see many people. The people who passed by them every so often were chatting with one another in quiet voices, but they all seemed to be happy.
It was quiet, but not solemn.

Cale casually walked as if he was taking a stroll through the park. Raon started to speak in his mind.

– Human, there are many patrolling soldiers in addition to the guards at the entrance!

He's very good about doing things without being told these days.
Cale was satisfied with Raon who was taking the initiative to do things now that he was one year older. Choi Han approached him and whispered in his ear.

"They said that we cannot go to the Northern part of the lake because they are preparing for the offering, but we should be able to force our way in anywhere if we want."

Choi Han was good at reporting things now as well.
Cale was feeling very satisfied with the growth of Raon and Choi Han.

The Black Dragon that used to leave wild boars for him and the boy who followed him for food had both grown a lot. Cale looked forward with a proud heart.