Chapter 165 - Somehow Once Again (5)

Cale did not pay attention to any of the gazes headed toward him.

– Human.

However, he was concerned about Raon's comments.

– I am proud of you. This feels great. We did it.

Cale tried his best to ignore the emotional Black Dragon. He turned his head toward the Emperor, who was standing one level higher than him.
The Emperor was someone whom you could only see during a situation like this. However, Cale's thoughts as he looked toward the Emperor was not about how glorious of an occasion it was to see him.

'Did they say that his body is weak?'

He had heard that the Emperor had become so weak that it was almost a miracle that he was still alive. This was the case for the former Emperor as well.

'No wonder they treasure the Imperial Prince.'

This was one of the descriptions of Imperial Prince Adin in, 'The Birth of a Hero.'

< The Emperor projected his greed to Adin, who used this to his advantage. >

The Imperial Prince was born with a strong body and was also talented in sword arts. Adin, who was born with things that the Emperor wished he had, used this to make the Emperor rely on him.
Furthermore, Adin absorbed the martial arts that had been weakened because of two generations of weak Emperors.

"Cale Henituse."

The only Emperor in the Western continent called out Cale's name.
Cale formally showed his respects and the Emperor looked at him as he continued to speak.

"Your actions during the Sun Palace bomb incident were courageous and beautiful."

His voice was amplified with the magic amplification device.

"A foreigner like you did something that would be difficult for even one of our own Empire's citizens to do. The Sun Palace did not fall and many people survived thanks to your deeds."

Cale observed the Emperor's face as he praised his actions. The Emperor did seem to be frail.

'But they are still two peas in a pod.'

Although their physical wellness was different, both the Emperor and the Imperial Prince thought the same way.
Cale quickly suppressed his thoughts as he pretended to be a respectful young noble as he looked up at the Emperor. The Emperor raised his voice.

"I am here to present such a courageous young man with the third-grade Mogoru Medal of Honor, as well as some other treasures!"

A silver medal was placed on Cale's shirt.

Woooooooooooooooo-
Cheers filled the plaza.

The Emperor patted Cale on the shoulder.

"You did well."

Cale could see his sincerity. They had given him a third-grade medal after all.
Of the many medals available, a third-grade medal with the Mogoru Empire's name was a significantly high honor.

The first-grade was for officials who had rendered outstanding service.
The second-grade was for heroes of war.
The third-grade was for individuals who had performed exemplary deeds for the nation.

The third-grade was the highest honor a foreigner could receive, and Cale was the only one who had received this honor in a long time.

'It is probably because the Empire hasn't done anything well these days.'

The Empire just looked like they were failing over and over in the eyes of the other kingdoms.
They had lost Maple Castle, their palace was destroyed, and the Vice Tower Master was almost assassinated in the Sun Palace.