Chapter 30

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Marco James as Dylan Fletcher

Nicole Munoz  as Sonia 

Joseph's POV

Here I am again! At my favourite bar, which is full of people screaming, drinking and going crazy, like it's the last day of the world. Who can blame them? The college basketball team won the first game of the season! That was a blast and the best way to start. I hope the team keeps the heat this high, as we need to get back in being champions. Our college has a history after all.

Nathan pulled off an amazing game and, truth be told is a hell of a playmaker. His technique is remarkable, considering he's still 18. I was commenting the whole game with Grant, from the bleachers, since he's as much obsessed as I am.

"Man this place is going nuts!" Grant shouts in my ear, so I can listen to him beyond the noise, as we are walking through the crowded people.

"I know! People want to celebrate our first victory and what better place than a bar with non banned alcohol?" I shout as well, still pushing people right and left and Grant nods enthusiastically, moving his head to the rhythm of the music.

"Too bad Matt is missing this!" Grant remarks, showing the whole bar with his index.

"He prefered to go on a date with his new girlfriend."

"I still can't believe that shy Matt bangs someone and on a steady basis!" Grant exclaims,making me laugh. "But that's not a reason for him to ditch us."

"Well he was never that interested in sports, but he could come to the party."

"With his girlfriend." Grant eye rolls.

"Girlfriends are like that. They don't leave their boyfriends out of their sight." I comment smirking.

"Fortunately we don't have a problem with that." Grant pats me on the back.

"And we will never have. Dude I am not and I will never be the relationship type of guy. If you ever see me effusing over a chick in any other way than the sexual part, call 911 to snap me out of it." I declare like a politician does during a speech, while Grant is nodding enthusiastically.

"Don't worry man! I prevent it from happening to you!"

Then I see him waving to a group of guys, who I've seen them around, but I don't know them personally.

"Joss I am going to greet these friends over there!" Grant informs me, showing me to their direction.

"Don't mind!" I say to him and right away I spot Nathan.

He's surrounded by his teammates, who are congratulating him and shouting cries, while hugging and shaking him. He seems really energetic, though he was running his ass off on the court a while ago.

"Hey man! Terrific game tonight! You kicked their motherfucking asses!" I greet him, by giving a high five and he immediately reacts to it.

"Something like that!" He says cheerfully. "We kicked off the season in a good way, didn't we?"

"Yeah dude! It was incredible! You rocked out there!"

"I wasn't expecting us to win the way we did! This team is a pain in the ass and coach was giving us absolute hell till our first game! Maybe that helped after all." He remarks as one of his teammates fist bumps him.