Chapter 90

Note:

Additional Cast:

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

 Keiynan Lonsdaleas Vincent Brown

KJ Apa as Lucas Rivers

 Elizabeth Lail as Andrea McKay

 Titus Makin Jras  Shawn Martin

 Holland Rodenas  Chloe Rivers

Vanessa's POV

"Good job, Vanessa!" I hear Andrea's voice and, before I actually see her, she raps hers arms around me.

"I did get Ashton's reaction when you both walked in. It was priceless!" Vincent follows her, pointing at his phone.

"Hey guys!" I greet them smiling, after Andrea releases me. "I was worried I would destroy the surprise but I think it turned out great."

"You did amazing!" Andrea praises me and looks at Vincent beaming, as he nods in agreement and places his hand on her back.

"Thanks but it was nothing compared to what all of you guys have done here. Wow, the coffee shop never looked better!" There are balloons raised up on the corners of the room and typical party signs every here and there, completing the decoration, but nothing too noisy. The small wooden tables are placed on the side, creating just enough space for an ideal dance floor, and on top of them lays a huge buffet with various finger foods. The band has already begun to play some loose songs.

"We? Chloe was obsessed enough to do everything by herself!" Vincent says chuckling, pointing with his finger all around.

"She was not obsessed. She took a huge risk hosting the party here. Her boss has given her the permission but he wants the place to remain in one piece." Andrea mentions and raises an eyebrow at Vincent. "We came here straight after the paper to help her but she didn't let us do much. She was a bit anxious about the band since their drummer got sick ,but thankfully they found a replacement and they came."

"I had no idea. She made it all sound so easy. I am glad everything worked out." I state relieved. If it was me, I would have definitely freaked out.

"I have never participated into pulling such a huge surprise! I was so excited, I still am and this excitement will accompany me for the rest of the week for sure!" Andrea confesses giggling and fixes the edges of the dark green dress she is wearing.

"Sounds like I have to take advantage of this excitement." Vincent says mischievously and brings Andrea closer.

"Okay then! I'll see you guys later!" I wave at them chuckling. I believe that was my queue to go. Andrea and Vincent have no problem showing their affection for one another in public.

I should probably check on the newest couple too. Alice and Joseph must be here somewhere. Passing by the bar to get a drink, I run into some girls from the paper's office and stay a bit to chat. They have some kind of contest criticizing every single dish Chloe has made on the buffet. As it appears, they are all so delicious they can't decide which one is the best. Since I haven't tried them yet, I cannot define my preference, and since they talk nonstop, I just stand there and listen. My eyes search in the crowd for Alice or Joseph or Ashton really. I haven't seen him since we got here. After some minutes, the front door opens and he comes inside, after holding the door for Chloe to enter first. They greet some people who sit near the entrance and they both look very happy. Why wouldn't they be after all? This is the best party I've ever been to. Ashton notices me staring and after giving me a smile, he whispers something in Chloe's ear and the two of them head over my direction. I excuse myself from my companions and meet Ashton and Chloe halfway through.