Chapter 74

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Ansel Elgort as Matt Foster

Holland Roden as Chloe Rivers

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Jessica Parker Kennedy as Sam Harris

Dominique Provost as Nicky Cooper

Nathan's POV

I can't fight the victorious smile that has taken over all of my face. Too bad for you, Ass. She did bail on you. Sad but true. That ash-hole had his hands on Vanessa when I entered the kitchen. I went to get a drink and I almost had a heart attack for God's sake! Things turned out good as I am holding her hand right now, trying to make our way through the crowd. John has surpassed our so called frat parties for sure. I haven't seen so many people at a party before. And they showed up to celebrate the disqualification of our team.

"Hey, doll. Wanna dance?" Some douchebag with a breath that stinks damn alcohol leans towards Vanessa.

"Wanna get your hands cut off?" I shake him back. "She is with me." I hold Vanessa tighter while she squeezes my arm to calm me down.

"I didn't notice, man." Was that some kind of bullshit apology? Because he is checking Vanessa out from head to toe.

"I'll make you notice." I am about to grab him by the shirt when Vanessa pushes me to step forward.

"Can we go outside?" She pleads looking at me with her big green eyes. Damn it. Outside it is. I give the fucking soak a glare that should show him what I would have done to him if Vanessa hadn't interfered and we walk off.

"Don't leave my hand." I command her in a loud tone.

The music is burning my ears and everybody is dancing like a maniac, even if we are all packed like sardines. We manage to get out after what seemed like ages. There are plenty of people at the garden as well but at least here you can breathe. I spot Brenda talking with Dylan, he must be hitting on her again. She also sees me, gets up from the table she was sitting on and comes to my way. If only Dylan knew how to keep a chick occupied. I greet her with a nod from far away and walk faster to avoid her. She notices I am dragging Vanessa along with me and narrows her eyebrows in surprise. I believe the whole cheerleading team will get informed about it in no time.

"Where are we going exactly?" Vanessa asks me puzzled after we begin to walk on the street.

"Just here." I point at Steve's car which is parked some feet away from us.

"Woah!" She stops walking. "We are going over that car?"

"Yeah, you don't like it?" I smirk at her.

"What are you trying to recreate exactly?" She says and gives me a strange look. I can't specify if it is full of confusion, anger, shock, terror or a God knows what. She is damn serious, that I can tell.

"What do you mean?" I frown.

"Why did you bring me to this specific car?" Her question makes no sense.

"To leave my jacket? Why are you being a weirdo?" I chuckle and get the keys out of my pocket to unlock the car.

"Why leave it here? To this car? Where is yours?" She exclaims. Is she kind of drunk? She doesn't look drunk to me. If that ash-hole got her drunk to hit on her, I'll fucking beat him to death. "Have you been drinking?" I examine her features to make sure.

"What? No! I haven't even touched my drink." She shakes her head.

"Okay then." I open the car's door and toss my jacket at the back seat.