Chapter 67

Notes:

Additional Cast:

 Elizabeth Lail as Andrea McKay 

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Keiynan Lonsdale  as Vincent Brown 

Ansel Elgort as Matt Foster

Dulce Maria as Nina Andrews

Vanessa's POV

"To Mary Poppins, when are we going to sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious together? Call me, Bob. I think this is the best way to end the column." Andrea laughs after reading the last cupid message.

"Yeah, saving the best for last. People can get really creative." I remark impressed.

"People can but Vincent won't! He didn't send anything in for me!" She pouts.

"I am sure he has something better in his mind." I give her a coy smile and she finds her optimistic mood back right away.

"Since we're done here, I am going by his office. I haven't seen him for almost three hours!" She stands up excited and I giggle. "Hi, Ashton!" She pops onto him at the hallway.

"Hi, Andrea." He chuckles. "What's up with her?" He asks and comes by my desk.

"Well, to cut it short she is waiting for Vincent's big romantic gesture for Valentine's since he didn't send her a cupid message." I explain.

"Isn't it a little cheesy?" He frowns. "Not to mention they are already into a relationship. I can't see how a secret cupid message would make a difference."

"Yeah, it might be kind of cheesy but it is cheesy in a romantic way." I try to make him see the point.

"So you are also into this cheesy stuff?" He sits next to me.

"You're not?" I lean my back on my chair and look at him suspiciously.

"I thought that was clear after my endless debate with Anna at the grill last month." He must be talking about the conversation I wasn't paying much attention to due to texting with Nathan. I nod pretending I just remembered about it. "I only agreed with this thing because she dragged you into this and in her favor you said it was a good idea. So yeah, I basically did it for you."

"Did it for me?" I repeat surprised.

"Yeap. Anna knows my weaknesses and takes total advantage of them." A smile takes over my face. "So you are that cheesy I have to come up with some cupid secret message for you?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Sorry but you are too late. I already send them all in." I tease him after clicking on the send button on my computer.

"Hmm, too bad." He rubs his chin. "I kind of know the editor though, do you think he could help me out with this?"

"I don't know about that. You should speak with him directly. But..." I gesture to him to come closer, "I've heard he finds these things too cheesy." I whisper in his ear.

"Is that so?" He starts laughing and I join him.

"My two little lovebirds." Anna hugs us from behind. "Getting into the Valentine's spirit already? Speaking of, are the cupid messages ready for the column, Vanessa?"

"Yes, Andrea and I read the rest today and selected the ones we can actually publish without getting into trouble." I inform her.

"Great! I hope I'll find the one I am searching for." She winks at the both of us.