Chapter 55

Warning : This chapter contains mild sexual content.

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Titus Makin Jr as Shawn Martin

Vanessa's POV

I step out of the car and wave at Alice who is lifting her eyebrows up and down at me smirking. I laugh and go to the block's entrance. Ashton lives with a friend of his, whose name is Shawn if I remember correctly. I don't know him since I haven't met him. The truth is I don't know a lot about Ashton. We hang out at the paper a lot but there is always so much to be done. He always asks about me and I haven't been given the chance to learn some things about him. We had gone to the lgbt gathering together but that was a professional hang out. He explained to me how we approach the community and showed me what is like to cover an event. We spent some time together at the Halloween party as well. Then he told me he is an only child and that he is from Milwaukee. We tried to chat but there was so much noise at the frat house I could barely hear him. Emma was also there and I didn't want to leave her alone. Not that she had any problem at socializing but she was going to stay only for three days and I had missed her. Ashton was kind enough to give us a ride home and listened to every argument Emma had to say to justify her preference on the european way of partying. She really liked him and was praising him continuously till the moment she got on board. What's not to like really? Ashton is a true gentleman, so well spoken, really clever and kind and with an undoubtedly bright future as a journalist. We are really lucky to have him as the editor of our paper. I ring the bell and wait.

"Hey, Vanessa! It's on the third floor." He says over the intercom and unlocks the door. I heard some music and people laughing on the background. They must be having fun. I take the elevator and renew my lipstick as Alice suggested. It seems safer to do it here under the bright lights and with a bigger mirror than inside her car. I arrive at the third floor and search for Ashton's apartment. I spot a Christmas garland on the top of the door at my left so I suppose this must be it. I look at the doorbell's sign. Ashton Sanders - Shawn Martin. I was right. I am about to knock the door when someone opens it.

"Hello, Vanessa. Welcome!" It's Ashton but he is naked! I mean half naked! He is only wearing a pair of black jeans. And shoes. He is not barefoot. He is just shirtless. "Have you been waiting long? The music is kind of loud and I didn't hear the doorbell." Yeah, he is standing right in front of me and he is shirtless. What is going on? I gulp and shake my head to give him an answer. "Come in." He says with a smile and takes me by the hand. He leads me to a big room full of people. It must be the living room, I don't know, I haven't really payed attention to the apartment. It is kind of difficult when Ashton holds my hand while wearing only the basics. Did I mention he is shirtless?

"Hey, V!" Anna grabs me for a hug. "You missed the good stuff!" She screams into my ear while Ashton crosses his arms and laughs. Woah, he must been working out. I guess. That is what his muscles show at least.

"What do you think of my outfit?" Anna breaks the hug and points at her chest. Oh my God. She is wearing a leopard print bra on top of her black shirt.

"Um, it is an outfit that grabs the eye for sure." I remark as politely as I can.

"Haha, I would so dare you to do the same!" She laughs louder and sits on the edge of the couch. "Damn it, you should have seen your face, Vanessa! You are so funny!" She continues laughing and falls back onto Vincent whose neck is full of lipsticks marks in every colour existed. What happened to these people?
"Things went a little wild, here." Ashton comments seeing me completely puzzled. "Just a little." He points with his finger and smiles.