Chapter 76

Additional Cast:

Emily Bett Rickards as Emma Taylor

Ansel Elgort as Matt Foster

Dulce Marria as Nina Andrews

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Alice's POV

Finally we arrive at Joseph's house. The travel was a bit exhausting, since we had to wake up really early to catch the plane and Sophie's grumbling to Robin about not being in 1st class behind us, didn't let me enjoy some minutes of sleep. As it was expected, I sat with Vanessa and Emma and I tried to keep my distance from Joseph, talking to him as less as possible.

The time we arrived at the airport, two cars waited for us, and after half an hour driving, we reached our destination.

Joseph wasn't kidding when he said his house was by the beach. The sea waves were echoed in my ears and the sea wind was blowing my hair. I remained still some seconds just to enjoy it. After my peaceful moment, my eyes fall on the building. It has two floors and it looks enormous. It's painted in light colours, in order not to absorb the sun. I guess the colours are Joseph's mother's choice. Ι can't discern anything else from here, but from my first impression I can understand the Nelsons like to live luxury summer vacations.

"I still can't believe we flew coach!" Sophie puffs next to me. Not again!

"Sophie, no offense, but I think you've already made that clear since you have been repeating this in every way possible during the whole flight. Again, no offense." Emma tells her shrugging which makes Vanessa give her the eye. "I mean, we are here to have fun, right?" She then adds smiling. Robin walks to Emma and puts her arm around her shoulder smirking.

"Hey, Em, don't blame her, she is a white collar, it's an angst for her." Ro remarks playfully.

"That's why I sat 5 rows away. I know what I am dealing with!" Joseph remarks and makes his way through us and our suitcases to open the door.

"Traitor." Sophie eyes Robin and then Joseph. "Talk to the hand, Joss." She raises her jaw and puffs her chest.

"But the food was really nice!" Nina adds grinning. That girl never finds a drawback in anything. "Although I wish we could stay longer at the duty free stores." And eventually lose our flight.

"Can you girls move already?" Nathan raises an eyebrow annoyed, moves past Nina and Sophie and tosses his bag on the floor before slumping on the couch. "Wow Joseph, you weren't exaggerating when you said you had a big house."

"No dude!" Grant chimes in. "This house feels like heaven. It's huge, it has a fucking pool and it's next to the beach and of course the beach parties. That's why we annoy Joseph with our presences every spring break and summer." Grant jokes, getting in the house as well.

"Actually, you do that!" Matt comments,joking. "I have the decency to ask Joseph if he has any room for us." Matt picks his and Nina's suitcase and puts it at a corner, so it won't be in the way.

"Ape." Sophie fake coughs the word. "That's why I like you Matty, always with manners." Sophie drops her bag.

"Matt to you missy!" Nina glares at Sophie. Oh no! Here comes the cat fight!

"What's happening with your face?" Sophie looks at Nina, confused.

"Um, let's move inside, shall we?" Vanessa chimes in to play the peacemaker, dragging her suitcase on the front stairs before entering.

"Come on, Miss Ford." Robin picks up her bag from the floor but Sophie does not move.

"My bag is heavy... likeee way heavy and I carried it this far." Sophie points at her bag and pouts. Oh Jesus! What a whiner!