Chapter 47

Additional cast:

Evangeline Lilly as Phoebe Combs

Joshua Jackson as Steven Adams

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Alex Pettyfer as Steve

Louis Hunter as Bill

Marco James as Dylan Fletcher

Vanessa's POV

"And that is a wrap for the day, my dear students. Allez-vous, bon weekend!" Mr Theodors does his regular bow and dismisses us from class. Nathan would so make fun of that if he was here. I hand my back over my shoulder and get out of class. I should probably call home, I haven't talked to my parents for a while. My mom picks up at the first ring.

"My baby girl! Hello!" Her voice is warm and it reminds me how homesick I am. "Steven, it's Nessa!" she yells at my dad.

"Hello, mom. How are you?"

"Not asking about your old man, missy? He is doing just fine by the way." my dad has now grabbed the phone.

"Hey, I just called dad!" I laugh. Sometimes he is worse at complaining than a little child.

"Yeah, right. How is everything going on, kiddo?"

"You know, I was the one to pick it up first", I hear my mom's voice at the background and I can imagine the two of them fighting over the phone.

"Guys, just put it on speaker." I try to calm things down.

"I was about to say that." My dad lies.

"So how are you, sweetheart?"

"I am good, mom. Just got out of class."

"You had History today, right?"

"Yes. And the project for this class is also going amazingly well."

"Why did you choose this class, I will never get it." my dad says puzzled.

"Because she likes it, what's your problem?" my mom defends my choice.

"I have no problem, I just think that all these numbers and dates and places and details to remember is a pain in the ass and she already had difficult classes for her first semester." My dad explains with concern.

"My daughter is a tough cookie. Just like her mother."

"It is not that hard. The professor is really great and I believe I will get a good grade." I say walking down the hallway.

"I never doubted that, kiddo, but you shouldn't overdo it."

"I am not, dad. Everything is fine." I reassure him.

"Good. So you're coming home for Thanksgiving next week?" I can hear the curiosity in his voice. "Your mother misses you terribly."

"Well, I do miss our girl but you're the one crying looking at the family photo albums every now and then." My mom says with sarcasm.

"That's a lie! What are you talking about, woman?" I am so sure he does that. My dad plays it cool and chilled but he is so sentimental.

"And I miss you too. Both of you." I reassure them again smiling. "What's on the menu for Thanksgiving?"

"Well, turkey of course. We need to keep the tradition alive." My mom says.

"Turkey is good. Are you gonna make that potato salad that I like?" my dad asks impatiently.