Chapter 57

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Paget Brewster as Laureen Nelson

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Harry Nelson

Chris Wood as Daniel Alexander Nelson

Danielle Panabakeras Olivia Wright

Halsey as Callie Domingo

Jordan Rodrigues as Jake Torres

Claire Holt as River Abrahams

Chloe Moretz as Jen Parrish

Rhiannon Fish as Vivianne Woodson

Jessica Parker Kennedy as Sam Harris

Toru Uchikadoas Ren Kurosawa( 黒澤恋) 

Joseph's POV

Christmas in the Nelsons' house is a family holiday. We all gather together to eat mum's turkey with cranberry sauce, which is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. Seriously, my mother is a very charismatic and talented chef. She has confessed that if she hadn't accomplished her dream to become a marine biologist, she would like to own a restaurant, where she would cook all her specialties.

Dan came from Boston yesterday, but he didn't come alone. Olivia accompanied him as well and she will stay in our house for one week. Olivia is my brother's long term girlfriend. They have been dating for 5 years and they met at Harvard. She was a Physics student and she's doing her Phd on it as well. She's the kind of girl I would call sweet, one year younger than Dan, with light brown hair and dark brown eyes. She's very slim and quite shorter than him.

We are all gathered now around the wooden table in the dining room. The whole house is decorated with ornaments and lights, because my mother adores Christmas decorations and truth be told I really like watching my house like that. A Christmas tree is at the living room by the window. Me and Dan used to decorate it, with the help of my mother and after Dan left to college I used to do it with only her and sometimes Sophie came along to help us.

My father is sitting at the head of the table and next to him my mother from the one side and Dan from the other. I sit next to my mother and Olivia next to Dan. We all are dressed in formal clothes. The turkey and appetizers are on the table and we start serving ourselves.

"Laureen, everything looks delicious." Olivia points out with a smile. She is wearing a green lace dress and her hair is in a bun.

"Thank you my dear. Please don't be shy and serve everything you want! Have some potato salad." My mum puts some on Olivia's plate. She's wearing a black one sleeve dress and her hair is straight.

"Mum, please sit down and enjoy the meal." Dan chimes in. "You've put a great effort to cook all this stuff." he looks at mum with a soft look, which she gives back. Olivia smiles lightly and caresses Dan's shoulder.

"Honey, Daniel is right! Everything is perfect!" My father says as well. "Olivia, would you like some red wine? It's my favourite year." he smiles widely and his white teeth are shown.

"Yes Harry! Thank you!" Olivia stretches her arm with the glass and father pours a bit of wine it. Then my father pours in everyone's glasses his favourite wine. I have to admit my old man knows how to pick a good one.

"Merry Christmas!" my mum exclaims raising her glass and we all do the same saying 'Merry Christmas' as we clink our glasses.

"So, tell me guys, how is life in Boston?" Father starts a conversation as he's cutting his turkey.