Chapter 60

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Keiynan Lonsdale as Vincent Brown 

Valorie Curry as  Anna Matthews

Vanessa's POV

"And that's how you finish properly a killer article!" Anna announces with pride while she writes her name at the end of her article.

"It is really good, Anna!" I praise her work.

"I know!" She lifts her eyebrows up and down and we burst into laughter. It is really quit at the paper's office today. It is only us and Vincent left. We are taking care of the office's responsibilities since the Times kept Ashton longer than expected.

"What is so funny, ladies?" Vincent approaches Anna's desk.

"It isn't funny. It is dead serious, passionate, provocative and awakening." Anna compliments her own writing. She is really talented though and her kind of bold way of writing is always honest.

"It sounds like Ashton will get in trouble if he publishes it." Vincent smirks.

"It is about our right to vote, dumbass. It is more than catchy, considering everything that happens in politics these days." Anna says.

"It is really incredible and eye-opening. You should take a look, Vincent." I comment.

"I think it's too late for me to do that. Anna's articles are always tough to digest." He whispers.

"I heard that." Anna fakes a smile.

"Well, that's what makes them special, right?" We hear a voice behind us.

"Hey, boss! Long time, no see!" Anna greets Ashton the military way.

"Welcome back my friend!" Vincent gives him a bro hug.

"Thanks, Vinc." Ashton makes a grimace as Vincent squeezes him tight.

"How are you? How did the Times treat you? What did you do over there? Was it fun?" I ask with enthusiasm.

"Wow, you managed to make all these questions with one breath!" Anna looks at me impressed.

"Why don't I tell you all about it at the grill? My treat. You all have been filling my shoes during my absence. It's pretty late for you all to be still at the paper anyway." Ashton suggests with a smile.

"I'm in!" Anna raises her hand in the air in no time and we all laugh.

"Grab your things and let's go then." Ashton tells us.

It's cold outside so instead of walking we take Ashton's car to the grill. I was the only one actually who thought of going there on foot, the others found it funny. I guess they have a point. Vincent sits at the front while Anna and I sit on the back seats. In about 3 minutes, we arrive at the grill. I put on my purple beanie and the scarf that goes along with it. My grandma Candice made this set for me this Christmas and I love it.

"I envy your scarf." Ashton whispers to my ear as we get into the grill. "Look at mine." He is wearing a black scarf which seems nice and simple.

"What do you mean?" I am kind of confused.

Ashton opens his coat and reveals what he was talking about. At the end of the scarf, there is a small deer with a red nose. It reminds me of Rudolph. It must be this year's Christmas present from his grandma too. He has told me that she always makes him one.