Chapter 49

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Paget Brewster as Laureen Nelson

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Ansel Elgort as Matthew "Matt" Foster

Dulce Maria as Nina Andrews

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Harry Nelson

Joseph's POV

I keep gawking into the fridge for some snack, but there's nothing in there. Only fruits, energy bars and ready salads. Fuck! I shouldn't let Sophie do the shopping without consulting me. No matter how many times I open and close the fridge's door, the content doesn't change. I guess I will take something from a vending machine on campus, before my class with mr.Roberts.

I sent him an email with my positive answer, the next day of his proposal and he answered me, saying he's looking forward to our cooperation. Then, he introduced me to his team and explained the project better and in more detail. I have to say, it's very intriguing. He will inform me today, after class, about my duties and he will put me on probation from tomorrow, to test my abilities and how I work with a team. That means, I will not return home for Thanksgiving, as I'd already knew, but I hope I'll have some hours blanc to celebrate it somehow.

This brings me to the next step of my mission. I should call home to inform them about my unavailability. Dan did a great job saying that he won't be there, but I would; so I should clean up the mess he made. I waited some time to pass, from Dan's rejection, in order to let my mother digest the idea. Anyway, it's now or never.

On my way to the living room, to take my mobile, since I left it there, I see Sophie reading a book as usual. Glasses on and her face in the book, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Hey dork, there's food in the oven. I called delivery." she says not looking at me.

"I don't want food! I want a snack! Chips or cookies or something like that!" I grumble.

"I might have a muffin Ro got me this morning, in my bag. It's yours if you want to...for 5 dollars." she closes the book and looks at me and I eyeroll. She always finds an excuse to absorb money from me.

"Why do I have to give you 5 dollars, when I can buy something way cheaper on campus?" I object looking around for my phone.

"From the campus's vending machine? Rumor has it those snacks have been there forever, plus, my muffin comes from the bakery near Ro's house. You can't get any fresher than that." she smirks.

"There's no way I am giving you money! Be a good friend and a nice roommate and give it to me,from the depths of your good heart." I smirk to her, knowing that this is impossible. "Anyway have you seen my mobile?"

"You know what, I am calling today, a 'help a poor soul in need' day, so you will find my muffin in my bag, in my room, and your phone is somewhere I couldn't possibly know" she laughs satisfied with her reply.

I raise an eyebrow in suspicion by her reply. Seriously, Sophie is going to give me her muffin like that? Robin is turning her into a person with feelings!

"Where's the trap?" I refuse to believe she's going to give to me like that.

"I-kinda-eat-your-cornflakes." she says real quick, and turns on the TV.

"Not again! Buy your own fucking corn flakes. You confuse capitalism with stealing!" I complain and then go to her room to take the muffin from her bag. This has to be my lucky day! There's a pack of donuts as well on her desk! So sorry, Soph! You ate my corn flakes, you have to deal with the consequences. I take the muffin and the pack of donuts and finally, I find my phone on the self of the living room's bookcase. I leave the donuts in my room, get back to the living room, and start eating the muffin.