Chapter 89

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Rebecca Romijn as Rebecca Marie Ford ( Lewis)

Timothy Olyphant as Nicholas Ford

Nick Zano as Alex Summers

Holland Roden as Chloe Rivers

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Sophie's POV

"You have reached Rebecca Marie Ford, please leave your message and I will get back to you."

Have you ever had your mother ignore your calls and put you straight to voicemail?

I have. It's not ok.

It's been a week since the apocalypse happened and even though Robin and the others are trying to cheer me up, being turned down like this is breaking me from the inside. A week is too long. It should have been less than that to make my mother come to terms with this. One week of ignoring your daughter's phone calls is not what dad prepared me for.

"Don't worry, honey, I will talk to mom, I promise this will be over soon, don't worry, I have it handled. Things will work out, give her time". Dad said a few days ago, trying hard to reassure me after another round of cries, with Ro holding me tight in her arms. "Don't let this upset you, honey. I am proud of you, I will always love you." These were his exact words before he hung up.

"See? He said he will deal with it. He is proud of you, my love. Your dad is ok with this and it's only a matter of time till your mom is ok with it too. I have seen this a million times, since one of them is on your side, the other will follow soon. She doesn't want to lose you, she loves you, and she just needs time." Ro was quick to take dad's place next, all sweet and tender with me these past few days. I have been staying over since our momentary break up and she is trying her best to make me feel better being her adorable dorky self. Sam and Nicky spent a night here as well, and then Vanessa and Alice too. But I still feel numb.

I walk to the living room where Ro is laying on the couch watching tv with a bowl of popcorn in her arms.

"I think we should break up for a while." I didn't believe her words, not even for a second, her eyes betrayed her, just like mine do too. The truth is she loves me with all she has, and a bunch of words can't erase the amount of love I have received these months from her. She has made me a different person, a better person, a loved to death person. All thanks to her, so I never believed her words. She did it to protect me and unburden me. That's why I love her to death as well.

I smile at the sight and approach her. She sits up, opening her arms for me and I lay between her legs with my back against her front. Her arms wrap around me instantly and I feel somehow secure. But there's still something missing from this feeling. Not quite safe, not quite protected, but it is not her fault... she is doing everything she can.

"I love you." Her voice is low, barely above a whisper. She has been saying this a lot these days, feeling guilty she tried to break up with me, lying to my face. I know and she knows that I don't need to forgive her about it.

"I love you more." I tell her and I am sure she is smiling, and I do love her. I love her so much that it made my fear go away, my insecurities, my old routine. I love her enough to be the best for her, to fight for her, to be proud of being with her, to chase our dreams together, to face the world and my mom together. We can do this as one.