17th Birthday (y6)

It took sometime to recover but that didn't stop us from continuing the Dumbledore's army meetings. Luna had to do most the practical things till we fully recovered but we made it work.

I'd just finished planing the last two DA sessions in the library so I began to head back to my common room. That was until I was stopped in the halls by Draco who pulled me mysteriously into an empty classroom.

Before I could question it he pulled into a kiss and all my thoughts just started to melt away. He pulled away finally with a grin on his face.

"Happy birthday y/n"  he whispered making me laugh.

"What do you mean it's not my birthday" I laughed in confusion.

He let out a chuckle as well.

"Y/n it is your birthday I promise" he continued laughing whilst pulling me into a hug. I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed it felt comfortable nevetheless I pushed him off.

" my birthdays November 12th and it's ..." I trailed as my eyes fell on yesterday chalk board which read Friday 11th November in the top corner.

"Merlins beard I'm 17! It's my birthday" I jumped with excitement as I turned to Draco who wore a cheeky smirk.

"I told you"

" and when are you ever right" I laughed.

"I got you some things, nothing too big so don't get too excited" he said uncharacteristically humble.

"You didn't - how ?"

"You don't need to worry about that happy birthday" he pulled a bag out from behind the desk I was sitting on.

I opened the first gift it was a notebook with my name engraved on it as well as a planner.
Then a set of new quills. I marvelled over them ignoring the other unopened gifts.

"Go on y/n there's still half the bag"

"Calm down I'll get to them" I laughed. 

I opened the next gift which only revealed a pretty box. I opened it and inside was a silver version of my wand on a necklace. 

"I thought since your seventeen and you know you can use magic outside of school so I thought it would be nice-" he mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck.

I put the box down and ran to him tackling him in a big hug to stop his rambling.

"Thank you so much I love it"

He smiled down at me.

"I'm glad you do- you still have one more"

I looked on the bag and there was a small box unwrapped as the box was elegant enough as it is. I opened the box and inside sat a ring in the shape of the golden snitch.