The great hall (y6)

I couldn't take it any more so I climbed out of bed. I grabbed my wand and threw on a jumper then headed downstairs, through the quiet empty halls.

They should of been back by now...something must of gone wrong.

I was cautious. More cautious than I've been in a long time - it wasn't just me I had to look out for now.

I hid behind a pillar at the sound of footsteps approaching. My heart raced as I peered my head around the column and saw pansy walking by clearly exhausted. I let out the breath I was holding in and left the safety of my pillar.

That's strange normally they don't split up until later on in the night. Maybe Draco was still mad at her from the other night.

I didn't have time for this. I had to get to the great hall. The plan was simple sneak in , break the kids out , and go bed, which is what worried me the most- what could've gone wrong?

When I turned the corner I bumped into a hard chest which almost made me fall over but he caught my hand to steady me.

" y/n what are you ? Aren't you suppose to be in bed? " He whispered as he pulled me to the side.

"Well I -"

"Aren't you ill ?"

"I Yes I was- am! ...I'm -I need to go" I panicked taking a few steps back.

"But I do need to speak to you about something important later or tomorrow" I said as I walked a way but he quickly caught up with me.

"Y/n can you please stop you're making me worried"

"This isn't the right place or time- please just go I'll find you tomorrow I promise"

"Is this about Ginny?"

"Do you know what happened to her?"I stopped in my tracks and turned staring at him with my desperate eyes. He only looked at me with concern and worry.

"Well not for sure but I heard there was an incident in the great hall with the kids that the carrows chained there"

I quickly marched off towards the great hall with Draco close behind.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked as he trailed behind me keeping up with my fast pace.

"I need to see if they're alright" I stopped and turned to see his flushed face as he took some deep breathes.

"Draco it's fine finish your rounds - I'll come find you tomorrow" I gave him a half smile, which he saw right through.

"No I'm coming with you then we can talk, ok?"

"You don't have-"

"I'm coming" he stated calmly and I knew that he wasn't going to back down so I gave him.

When we walked into the halls I immediately found Ginny, who was chained to the walls bruised and bloody along with neville and Seamus.

"Gin what happened ?" I panicked as I fell to her side.

" they caught us when we were trying to free the others"

I looked at all their bruised faces then pulled out my wand and freed ginnys hands before Draco stopped me.

"Y/n what are you doing?" He whispered harshly.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Getting them out of here" I clearly stated.

"The carrows are going to know it was you - you were the only one missing"

"So? I'm not going to leave them here"