Risks (y6)

I waited in my room pacing back and forth for hours till Draco emerged putting me out of my misery.

"Is he ok? What are they going to do with him?" I questioned before he even had a chance to close the door.

He paused then slowly closed the door.

"How are you feeling?"

" I'm fine. What about dean?" I pushed

" he's fine -you need to stay calm stress isn't good for you know " he said with a pale face. Something was off.

"What's wrong what are they going to do to him ?" I asked sternly trying to get to what he was hiding.

He sighed then sat down on the edge of the bed.

"They want to question him" he stated at the ground.

"About what ?"

"Well he was friends with Harry so they need to see if.. if he knows anything about what he's doing or where he's -"

"-But he doesn't know anything !! not even Ginny knows where her own brother is"

"I know" he huffed

" so - so they're just going to beat him senseless for no reason"

He looked up at my distressed face.

"Y/n you have to promise me you'll stay out of this"

"No ! No don't make me promise that" my voice broke.

"Please I need to know you will be safe" he stood up grabbing my hands gently.

"I can't sit here whilst they hurt him" a tear slid down my cheek.

He wiped away my tear with his thumb, Then guided me into a hug.

"Everyone keeps treating my like I'm made of glass but I can still help"

"No one thinks you can't we all know what your capable off - Look if you promise to stay away I'll see if I can get in the room "

"And maybe after they're done you can see them all- but that's the best I can do"

"Thank you I know I don't say this enough but I really do appreciate everything you're doing for me"

"I know" he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you" I said first.

"I love you too" he whispered.

I pulled away from the hug and watched him tense up.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"There's one more thing"

"What is it?"

"I need to take away you're wand"

"My wand ?"

"They want to keep it while you're here because it makes you a security risk "

"Do you know when I'll get it back?"
I've had this wand for 6 years. I remember the day I got it from Olivanders.

" probably when we leave- I'm really sorry"

"It's fine I understand" I barely whispered as I walked to my bed and reached under  my pillow for it. I gripped it one last time in my hand before handing it over.

" you should go bed I won't be long"

I nodded my head and climbed under the covers.

I woke up with a melancholy feeling whilst I glared out the window. Draco was already up. In fact it looked like he barely slept at all.

He sat by the window staring out rather intensely deep in thought. He didn't even notice me walk up to him.

I rested my hands on his shoulders snapping him from his thoughts.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I'll go get some breakfast"

Something was obviously eating at him.

"Tell me"

"We can talk about it later"

"Talk about what?" I pushed for answers. I don't like being left in the dark.

"Lets just have a nice breakfast then we can discuss it"

I gave him a slight nod and let him leave. I didn't want to push him too far I know he's under enough stress as it is. Keeping this secret from his family. Having to face them everyday, but I couldn't stand the not knowing.

He returned with some cereal, fruit and tea.

We tried to act normal despite the tense atmosphere.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked trying to calm him down.

"Not really"

Well that conversation didn't last long.

"It's really hot outside maybe we could go for a walk at some point?"

"I'll have to check with bellatrix" he said dryly ending the conversation.

I gave up trying and ate my breakfast. When I was done I sat in the bed picking at my nails.

"Y/n look ... " he grabbed my attention

"I think.." he sighed struggling to say what he stayed up all night thinking about. 

"I think we should tell my mother about you know what"

"No ! We can't"

" If she knows she can help hide it, help you and help us with getting a house- it's for the best"

"No it'll only put her at risk and the more people who know the bigger the risk is"

"I know but she can help-"

"I know you're use to having mummy fix all your problems but I've come this far on my own and I don't need help or anyone else to worry about" I stood up off the bed and stormed to the bathroom locking the door behind me.

He gently tapped on the door.

"I was going to say she can help me protect you"his muffled voice came though the door.

"I don't need protection"

"Yes you do ! You're so busy worrying about everyone else all the time that you forget to look after yourself "

"What if she tells the others "

"She won't"

"You don't know that for certain and it's not something we can risk"

"I've got to go downstairs - but ... just think about it at least. Please "

I didn't answer. I stayed silent staring at the floor till I heard the door close. I could finally breathe.

What are we thinking. 
Should we tell narcissa?
Will she leak it to the others ???