Announcements (y6)

Draco and I were playing what felt like our 600th game of wizard chess. He told his mum shortly after the incident the other day and she's agreed help us move but is unsure about how long We'll be able to hide the child.

" how can you be this bad? You've got to at least win one" I joked.

" maybe I'm letting you win"

"With that ego- impossible" before he could rebuttal there was a knock at the door.

Draco gave me a strange look before getting up to answer the door.

"Hello mother?"

" I was wondering if y/n would like to join me for a walk in the gardens?"

Draco looked back at me and I gave him a slow nod of approval.

" she'd love to" he said.

" splendid I'll be back in 10 minutes" she said in a plain tone.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Draco.

" no she didn't say anything to Me "

I quickly got changed into a thick jumper to cover the bump and waited.

She came back in 10 mins as she said abs accompanied me to the gardens. She didn't say much she waited till we were deep in the gardens before asking her questions.

" so how far along are you ?"

"4 months"

"I can't quite believe I'm going to be a grandmother, do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?" she strained a smile. She seemed nervous

"No not yet" I smiled back.

"Is there something troubling you?" I asked cautiously.  The question made me sick to my stomach- uncertainty has become my enemy rather than the adventure I once craved.

"Why didn't you run?" She said clearly staring straight ahead

" what do you mean?"

" your friends were all here you could of ran and hid and probably be much safer than here- so why didn't you?"

The thought hadn't crossed my mind.

" I - I don't know..." I thought a while longer.

" I guess - I couldn't leave him ... I'm sorry I know it's not much of an answer-"

"It's the only answer I needed" she smiled a real, hopeful smile.

Something must be in the air because for once in a very long time I had hope things would work out.

" I'm arranging to look over some vacancy in hogsmeade - Draco said thats where you too would prefer to stay"

"Yeah I'd like to finish my newts"

"It's going to be difficult".

It's all I think about, she doesn't need to remind me.

"But I have much faith that you will find a way to mange"

"Thank you"

" I want to announce your leave this evening at dinner if that's alright with you"

"Yeah I guess it's better sooner than later"

"And you'll be leaving soon so you won't have to deal too much with the aftermath"

We finished our walk round the gardens.

"Thanks so much for everything - you don't understand how much I appreciate this"

"No worries dear I'm glad you trusted me enough to tell me. As long as I'm allowed to frequently visit that'll be more than enough payment " she winked with a soft smile. I felt the weight on my shoulders lighten.

I hugged her tightly.

" I will never forget this"I whispered before rushing off back to my room.

I filled Draco in whilst we got ready for tonight.

"I told you things would work out" he smiled. Not his usual arrogant smirk but a soft smile similar to narcissa's - it was comforting.

"Are you ready?"  He held out his hand.

"I've been waiting to leave  since the day I step foot here" I took his hand and he pulled me close.

"I thought you loved being a house elf?" He smirked as he let out a small laugh.

"I've had better days ...like when you tried to kiss me after one of your mother's balls and I left you standing there"

""I don't seem to recall that" he joked.

"Sure" I smiled staring up into his elegant eyes. -I hope our child  gets them.

"We should probably leave" he mumbled as he guided me to the dining room.

"One last dinner" I whispered.

"One last dinner" he whispered back before reaching for the door.

The chairs were filled by almost everyone who was currently staying in malfoy manor.  I squeezed Dracos hand as we moved closer and closer to our seats.

Bellatrix managed to hold her tongue.

The ruckus continued not long after entering too many conversations to keep track of but one in particular stood. It was fenir he was talking about the attack on deans camp. 'Weak' he described them as again and again - even though he's the coward for taking them by surprise.  But I couldn't say anything for my sake Draco's sake and out child's sake.

Who would've thought one dinner could possibly be so hard

The main meal was served which was bearable as most people were  as they enjoyed their meals.

Then came dessert.

I felt Draco's warm hand intertwine with mine as he interlocked our fingers giving it a tight squeeze.

I looked his way and mouthed 'now' to which he responded with a simple nod.

I took some deep breaths before narcissa stood of clinging her glass to quiet the room.

" hello everyone I'm glad you could join us this evening - this dinner is particularly special as I am here to announce that my dear som and his wife are going to be moving out and staying their lives else where" she smiled cheerfully resulting in a dull round of applause from around the room.

"Excuse me how could you allow this !?" Bellatrix obviously inserted her opinion which was expected.

"They're both old enough and should be allowed to have their own lives - now take a seat Bella"

I could clearly see the shock emanating from bellatrix's  face.

"This is outrageous what if she runs -"

"If I wanted your input I would of asked now let's continue our nice dinner"

"I guess we'll finally be rid that nuisance" she mumbled lastly before taking her seat in a strop.

The future is looking pretty bright.