Date (y3)

I rushed through the halls trying to hold my potions book , ink, quill , scrolls and my things for transfiguration because snape dismissed us late so I had no time to put away potions stuff.
I swiftly walked through the hall with my speed picking up as I heard the clock ticking . I couldn't properly what was in front of me I just felt my foot catch something making me fall over .my ink split all over the floor and some onto my unused scrolls . I turned round to see Malfoy laughing with pansy and his goons , but I was too tired to scold him and was also running out of time.

I simply scoffed whilst rolling my eyes and continued to collect my stuff of the floor.

" ignore them " I heard a voice behind me . I lifted my head to see blaise zambini, a fourth year slytherin, crouching down in front of me .

" want some help? "

" yeah thanks " I replied surprised because from what i got of Malfoy slytherins were selfish idiots , but I guess there's always anomalies.

He helped pile my books then muttered a spell making my ink retreat back into it's pot leaving my parchment unstained .

" thanks again for helping , that was really sweet" I said , which he responded by putting out his hand for a handshake

" blaise, Blaise zambini" he said smiling

" y/n" I replied as I attempted to shake his soft warm hand with my spare hand .

" I should probably go I've got transfiguration with professor mcgonagall and I'm already late"

" ooooo good luck y/n your going to need and I guess I'll see you around "

" bye" I muttered before rushing of again

Thankfully mcgonagall let me off this one time but she said if I'm late to her lesson one more time this term I'll have a detention .

The next day
I scoured the library high and low in search for a book on shrinking solution to help with my essay set by snape . I strolled along the potion section

" Q.......R ...... " I whispered till I saw the giant S

" S yess" I exclaimed a little too loud

" shrinking solution shrink-" i cut myself off when I saw it poking out at the top shelf .

I jumped as I high as I could , but I wasn't tall enough all I could do was poke it further in.

" Can't reach ?" His voice sent a shiver down my spine making me stop jumping .

It was Malfoy with a smirk on his face

" well obviously . Can you get it ?" I asked reluctantly

" sure . If you go to the ball with me "

" what no ! Aren't you going with pansy ?" I said as I looked over his shoulder to see her glaring at me .

" then no book "

" come on Draco just pass me the book"

" nope"

" this is why I'm not going with you Malfoy . Your so petty "

" good luck getting the book y/l/n " he muttered before returning to his table with pansy .

I continued to jump in the hopes that i suddenly grew whilst talking to Malfoy.

" need some help ?"

" yes please " i said peeling my eyes away from the book . It was Blaise again

" oh hi "I jumped with a tone of surprise

" hey "

" are you following me ?" I asked jokingly. 

" no" he chuckled

" which book ?"

" uhh that one shrinking solution " I pointed to the top shelf , which he reached for with ease

" thanks again "

" it's ok . Are You doing snapes essay ?"

" unfortunately"

" yeah I remember doing it last year "

" how'd it go ?"I replied intrigued

" pretty bad "

" really ? I thought snape favoured the slytherins"

" he still gives us the marks he feels we deserve"

" I'm not looking forward to it "

" don't worry you'll be fine "his assurance gave me a bit if courage

"Wish I had your confidence " I laughed

" any way I should probably start this " I said turning around .

" y/n wait "he called after me catching my attention

" yeah?"

" ummm are you uh ...going to the Yule ball ?"

Is he asking me to go with him ?

" I can't I'm a third year and it's only fourth years and above "

" umm what I meant was would you like to go with me ? As my date "

I could see malfoys nostrils flaring as he gazed at me over blaises shoulder . Pansy was slowly stroking his head as to distract him . I know it will make him angry , but I don't care anymore who I go out with should not be any of his concern .

" I would love to "

" great! Awesome ! " he answered enthusiastically

" yeah it sounds like a lot of fun  "

" well I should probably make a start on my essay , so I'll see you around "I quickly followed

" yeah I'll see you around "

" oh and thanks again for the book"

" no worries "

I walked away flicking my hair subtly at Draco as I passed his table to Ginny .

" y/n I need to tell you something "

" me too , well you go first "

" ok . Neville asked me to the dance so i said yes "

" no way Blaise just asked me , so we both get to go ?"

" yeah , it's going to be so fun "