Quidditch match (y6)

Today was the day.

Gryffindor vs slytherin. The halls were buzzing with anticipation - it was a good distraction from what was going on outside the walls of Hogwarts.

I joined Ginny in the halls and could barely touch my porridge because of my nerves.

"Eat up y/n, it's going to be a tough game considering slytherin still have they're full team"

" is it too late to pull out"I groaned forcing a spoon of porridge in my mouth.

" yes - y/n come on  you've got this we've practiced a lot and all you need to worry about is finding that snitch - leave the rest to us" Ginny smiled slightly.

"Why do we have to play them first though" I glanced round to the slytherin table and made eye contact with Draco.

He flashed me a smile then mouthed the words ' good luck ' before sending me a subtle wink to which the only response I could muster was an eye roll. 

" what's he playing at? Is this some kind of tactic ?"

" you said that he said he was going to be better  maybe this is him trying "

" I just don't want him to be a pompous, arrogant, pureblooded arsehole all the time"

We shared  a silent stare before bursting out laughing.

"Just don't let him distract you alright? The games going to be hard but if we play like we did in practice we should be fine"

We finished up then got changed and made our way to the field.  The seats were dominated by slytherins I guess because they were the only house that was close to being full.

We walked through the side entrance to a mixture of boos and cheers.  We took our places ,when suddenly a roar of cheer erupted from the crowd.

I swiftly turned to the source which was Draco who stepped onto the field pridefully embracing the cheer.  His team soon emerged with cocky expressions as they took their place.

Finally the referee walked out but it wasn't madam hooch like normal it was Alecto carrow - great what could go wrong.

" reaaadddyy . Play !" She shouted and we all pushed off and began the game.

I scanned the pitch for the snitch whilst Draco zoomed through the air entertaining the crowd.

It was obvious that the slytherin team was stronger and faster but with our practiced plays  we were just keeping our heads above water.

"You guys aren't doing bad so far but how long do you think those plays will last?" 

Draco swooped in behind me. I tried to ignore him as I continued to scan the field.

"I guess the Weasley girl  is not as useless as her brother when it comes to quidditch" he laughed, but I just rolled my eyes typical Draco.

" come on that was just a joke"

"You need to lighten up"

" And you need to focus on the game" I spat back. I started flying around to see if I could get a better a view And Draco made sure to keep close behind me.

The whistle blew as the slytherins scored another goal. (20:60) they were crushing us.

"Do you still think there's hope?" Draco smirked.

I turned to reply when I saw the golden snitch fluttering not far behind him.

" yes I could always get the snitch first" I smiled subtly keeping my eyes on it.