Rons 17th birthday (y5)

My lunches with Ginny have been the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

I wake up early with my clothes and bags ready then go downstairs and wait for Malfoy - I know 'wait'. I've been following his absolutely insane schedule to the t. I've not argued or hurt anyone no matter how tempting it is when your living in the slytherin lair.

All so he would finally trust me enough to leave me alone for Ron's 17th birthday. He didn't plan much it was more lavender brown - she wanted a nice picnic by the lake.

Everything was set all I had to do was convince Malfoy to let me go.

I waited down stairs for Draco with a forced smile on my face like each morning which he returns. He seemed weirdly chipper over the last couple days maybe he thinks I've conformed to 'his' ways.

"Good morning ,sleep well?" I asked taking him by surprise.

" yeah I guess - whats up with you ?"

Just say it !

" well since you mentioned it Ron's 17th birthdays coming up and-"

"Do you want to give him one of my old robes I think it's still in the bin ?" He sneered noticing how I tensed up.

I kept the smile on and continued.

" lavender wanted to have a picnic by the lake "

" no "

"But-"

"You aren't going"

"I've stuck to the stupid schedule I've done everything right can't you just give me a few hours just by the lake"

His happy attitude quickly faded.

"So that's why you've been behaving"

'Behaving' I'm not a dog.

"I'll keep following the schedule I promise I won't move from from the lake all I need is 3-4 hours then I'll be back in the common room"

He thinks for a while as we get closer to the hall the stops.

" an hour by the lake I'll drop you off and pick you up"

"3" I bargain.

" 2"

"2 and a half "

" I'll drop it back to one"

" k 2 but I walk myself there and back"

" 2 and you happily walk with me there and back or no picnic"

"fine .....thank you " I mumbled as we walked in the hall.

I gave Ginny a small thumbs up when I entered

Before I sat down he whispered.

"If you go anywhere other than the lake just know there will be consequences"

I didn't bother responding in any way other than silent eating

————————————————————————

After breakfast I went to the library with pansey whilst Draco and co. disappeared like normal.

It was nearly 2 so I left with pansey to go to my room so i could change. Then met Draco at the entrance to slytherins common room. Where we awkwardly walked till he was about 50m from the pic mic area that Ginny got stuck helping to set up.

" 2 hours starts now"

I didn't waste my time and I ran to Ginny and gave her a hug.

" he gave me 2 hours "