Battle ot the 7 potters (y5)

When I woke up I stretched out my arms and was immediately alarmed by the fact that the bed was empty.

"Draco! Draco ?" I called out.

I knocked on the bathroom door then opened it when there wasn't a reply. It was empty....

He was gone.

What if they heard us talking last night.

The door creaked from across the room.

"Your awake?" draco smiled.

"Yeah" I returned the smile staring down at the food he laid out on a tray.

"I got us some breakfast"he walked the tray to the end of the bed and sat down. I followed him and sat cross legged across from him.

There was pancakes with syrup, fruits, eggs, sausages, yogurt and tea.

"Draco?"

"Hmm" he said as he placed another piece of pancake I his mouth.

"About last night-"

" shh not now, they're could be someone listening" he whispered.

"there's going to be another wave of death eaters coming through-"

"Why what are they doing ?" I asked with a hint of panicked in my voice.

"I don't know"

" don't lie to me"

" I'm not I promise they kept me out the meeting. I think it's something to do with potter"

I suddenly didn't feel hungry

" are they going to bring him here"

" I don't think so"

If they're going after Harry it's to kill him not capture him.

" I heard you last night whilst you were sleeping you kept mumbling Ginnys name saying I'm right here "

" yeah it was just a bad dream- I don't really want to talk about it" I tried to change the subject.

" well since they are all going to be out in a few days I thought you might like to send an owl to Ginny"

" really ?" I was more confused than happy.

"I have to read of course before you send it"

" why?"

"I just thought you'd like to let her know your ok. To be honest it's not the first time you said her name whilst sleep talking but yo-you always sound..I don't know" he looked down.

"Scared"

" thanks draco I appreciate this" I reassured him.

"I'm going to take the tray back I'll see you tonight" he picked up the tray and walked out.

My mind filled with possibilities that I could write to Ginny about.

A couple days later:

After a few drafts I finally finished my letter.

Hey Ginny,
I hope you and your family are safe. And Harry. I just wanted to let you know I'm safe. I haven't had any run inns with you know who's follower. I've mostly just kept to my room and out of trouble.

I've been having dreams about you guys and I just need to let you know that I didn't run I promise I tried to help. I just couldn't get away.

I wish we could just have a normal year where our main focus was our owl results rather than everything else.

Please don't send a reply we get can't caught.
Good luck and stay safe.
I'll see you at Hogwarts hopefully.
Y/n

I didn't know what else to write. I didn't want to worry her about what's been going on and I could only send a short letter.

Draco sneaked into the our room.

" ok they're leaving we've got to move quickly so we don't get caught- there can't be any evidence that we were there do you understand"

I nodded my head.

"Ok let's go" I followed him out the door.

We walked past the stair case and I saw a large group of death eaters heading to the door.

Voldemort was at the centre of them.

I stepped closer attempting to get a better look but Draco pulled me back.

" remember what I said quick and discrete-let's go" he picked up my hand dragging me through the halls to the owlery.

"We can use Gregory he's the fastest - he should be back by tonight before anyone notices he's gone"

He grabbed my letter out of my hand and stretched to his leg. Letting him fly.
I stared out the window as he flew into the distance.

I hope she gets it and they're safe. And Hermione she's Muggle born so she could be top of they're list. I hope harry makes it through tonight?

"What's wrong?" His voice broke me from my intense gaze.

"Nothing" I muttered wiping the tear that just rolled down my cheek.

"Y/n come on" he pleaded.

" I'm just thinking about the Weasleys and you know...Harry.i just wish I could know if they're safe an-and " I stopped myself as I began to sniff. I couldn't keep it in anymore. I let a small cry escape.

" what if they are going after them now"

I turned around back towards the window . I didn't want him to see me crying.

"Why did you lie to her ? In your letter" he specified.

"You said you hadn't had any run inns with his followers" he paraphrased from my letter.

"Because she doesn't need to worry about me she's got enough on her plate"

"Let's go back to our room hopefully no ones noticed were gone".

"Ok" I whispered taking one last glance at the window.

We walked past the stair way again. But it was empty they were gone. Whatever they were planning was in motion.

I stopped for a moment staring at the spot where they crowded round.

"I'm sure Harry's got lots of guards and protection put in place"

"But I-it's Voldemort. He doesn't care who stands between him and Harry. He won't stop"
My voice cracked.

" let's just go bed I'll find out as much as possible in the morning". He pulled me away form the stair case gently and in the direction of our room.

"I don't think I can sleep"

"It's Harry Potter he may not be able to match my results but he's fairly capable at defending himself" he smiled softly.

" maybe take an extra drop of the sleeping draft" he handed me the flask as we entered our room.

I tipped 3 drops in my mouth and climbed into bed.

"Everything's changing isn't it?"

"Yes...it is"

I felt the darkness taking over me.

"Do you think they'll get harry?"

"I don't know" he whispered

I didn't have time to dwell on it because the sleeping draft finally took effect.