Christmas day (part 1) (y6)

I rolled over in my bed and reached out a hand that touched draco's arm sending goosebumps all over my body. A warm feeling formed in my stomach knowing he was there - I opened my eyes and stared at his lip, which reminded me of our kiss yesterday.

"You're awake ?" He finally stirred.

"Yeah " I whispered back.

"Were you staring at me?" He smirked even though his sleepy eyes were still closed.

"No" I laughed hitting him lightly with my pillow.

"You can't hit me on Christmas"

I laid back down and felt his hand intertwine with mine as he opened his eyes.

"Merry Christmas y/n" he kissed me on the cheek.

"Merry Christmas Draco" I returned the favour and kissed him on the cheek.

"We should get up mother will be expecting us"
He sat up stretching his arms out wide. 

"Us?" I Sara up quickly.

"Well it's Christmas isn't it?" He turned around knitting his brows together.

"Yeah but you know with everything and what just happened I don't know if I can see her just now" I tried to keep a steady voice but it started to crack slightly.

"It's alright she's not going to be there- mother said she wanted a small Christmas breakfast with present exchanges, then they'll do a proper Christmas dinner later with everyone except us"he gave me a smile which said everything will be alright and I trusted it.

Draco changed into a suit whilst I changed into a nice Christmas styled skirt , top and tights. To complete the look I put on the necklace Draco got me for my birthday.

His eyes caught sight of it and he smiled.

"Are you ready to go?"

" I think so" I stare wearily at the door.

" she's not going to be there" he encouraged me out the door.

"I know but your dad isn't exactly my biggest fan either"

" he won't say anything over breakfast"

" what do you mean ? Has he says something before?" My anxiety started to spike.

" well.... no" he looked at my worried expression then at random object.

He's obviously lying.

"Merlins beard he hates me doesn't he"

"Look the only thing that matters is that I love you ok ?" He stunned me with his response.

He stared at me longingly as if waiting for me to say the same thing back but all I could say was.

"Ok".

We finally reached the dinning room and Draco slowly opened the door allowing me to walk in first as he trailed behind.

The dining room was decorated elegantly with bows and ribbons. The table had a white cloth underneath a gorgeous display of food from pancakes to eggs and fruit.

I sat down opposite narcissa and Lucius, who glared at me down his nose so I chose to focus on narcissa's smile.

"Merry Christmas, I hope you slept well last night ?" Narcissa started.

"Merry Christmas mother, father" he nodded his head towards them.

"Lucius" narcissa said in a daring tone. I heard her hit him lightly under the table.