Detention (y5)

When we came out the hall he would not let me leave his tight grip.

Luckily I had an excuse to finally be left alone.

" Let go I have to go to detention - you know Snape he-"

" fine" he grunted pulling me away from the sea of slytherin heading towards our common room.

" ok let's go" he nudged me into the direction of the potions class room

I walked along the hall till I noticed he was still right behind me.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going to detention"he said with a straight face not wavering his eye contact.

" are you serious?" I stopped and turned so I was facing him and I pushed back so he would finally stop and look at me.

" we're going to detention"

"Can't you leave me alone for 2 secs"

"No"

" not even for detention - what am I going to do in detention?"

He just ignored my comment and looked me dead in the eyes.

"You'd really rather go detention where I'm already watched by a teacher constantly than do something useful with your time" I argued.

"Let's go your going to be late and we can talk later"

I agreed with my silence and continued to walk.

We arrived at the potions classroom where Snape was waiting for me alone as no one else was dumb enough to get a detention on the first day.

"Ms y/l/n-"

I could feel the shocked expression on Dracos face as he used my maiden name instead of Malfoy.

" ahh and Malfoy  you've come to join us?" Snapes eyes narrowed down on him I felt some underlying tension  

" he insisted " I broke the cold stiff air.

" You haven't received a detention so I see no reason why you should be here"

"I'm keeping an eye on her" he sneered taking his place in the rows of chairs.

" I assure you she won't leave my sight if you have other priorities "

" I insist"

" fine as long as you don't disturb y/n as far as I'm aware you still have an essay to write for Friday" he reluctantly said as he returned to his desk.

I didn't think much of it and sat down a seat away from Malfoy because I was still annoyed at him. 

I started the title of my essay

When I heard Draco get up and move to the seat next to me and Scooch closer to my chair.

I gave up and continued my essay whilst I felt his glare burning my parchment as he took in every word I wrote. The detention seemed to drag on and on as we neared the end.

I leaned on the table so he could no longer read my essay.

But before he could do or say anything Snape intervened.

" ahem" he coughed to get malfoys attention.

" a word if you will Malfoy"

Draco nodded his head and said " don't move" as he stood up following Snape out the door.

The clocked slowly ticked as my curiosity grew.

Don't do it. I told myself as I resisted the urge to go and listen as the door.