The attack (y5)

I was grateful for the sleeping draft last night I don't think there's any other way I could fall asleep after staring into the dark cold eyes of that monster.

The morning was slow and Draco suggested that we should go for a walk because I've barely been out the room.

I got changed but I wasn't really in the mood to walk around- I didn't want to bump into anyone. But it felt too late to back out now.

" you ready ?" He mumbled through the bathroom door.

" I think so"

" then let's go"

I opened the bathroom door and walked. With him downstairs and outside.

I hate to admit it but the sweet air and warm sun did make me feel better.

"Are you excited to go back to Hogwarts?" He asked trying to start a conversation.

" do you need to ask"

"Right that was a stupid question" he seemed a bit nervous maybe cos we've never really had to make conversation it was always arguing or well comforting. 

"I'm more relieved than excited, but I guess things will be different you know without Dumbledore"

Things took an awkward turn.

I tried to move off the Dumbledore topic.

"Do you know what house they'll put me in?"

"I don't know I suppose you don't need to be in slytherin any more because you'd have to pretty daft to try run off to the Weasleys again"

I let out a scoff.

"I - I didn't mean it like that it's just -"

" it's ok I get it"

" so what are you saying I might be able to go back to Gryffindor?"

"Yeah maybe if you want ?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"But I guess that's a stupid question"

"No.... its not a stupid question"

He had a subtle smile in the corner of his mouth.

"Well your owls will be coming soon - would you like to do something?"

"What do you mean?"

" you know do something to celebrate - it's a big deal"

"I haven't really thought much about it"I glanced at the floor and he stopped me and stood in-front if me.

"Well how about for just one you forget about everything and everyone an-and we have a normal day and celebrate your owls"

"Come on be realistic Draco how are you going to do that. I mean normal? That word stopped making sense years ago" I hated being this realistic and depressing but we're in a house full of death eaters.

"It'll be fun - I'll sort it out .you just need to say yes I want to celebrate my owls"

"Whats the point in celebrating anything any more I mean at a time like this"

" at times like this we need celebrations"

Ughh I groaned internally.

"Ok fine" I stepped around him.

" what was that?" He joked cupping his ear indicating that I need to speak up.

"Yes Draco malfoy I want to celebrate my owls" I laughed as I continued to walk on.