Leaving (y5)

My eyes slowly parted allowing some light to come in until the memories of last night flashed and I sat up suddenly beginning to panic till Draco ran from across the room.

I tried to talk but my throats felt raw.

" drink this"

He handed me a glass with something with an off colour. The cold liquid soothed my throat.

"Did that help ?"

" umm " I tested it.

"Yeah uh what's happening ?" I said looking round the room.

" we're going back Hogwarts - your stuffs already packed"

" are you serious" I smile despite the aching around my neck.

" yeah umm we're leaving in 20 minutes I'll come get you when the cars ready. Get changed"

He left to get ready and I finally got out of bed and looked in the mirror. There was a purple and blue ring around my neck , which I couldn't conceal, so I wore a scarf.

" you ready ?" He poked his head in.

"Yeah I think so "

He walked me to the car and gently closed the door behind me ,so he could get in the other side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we entered the train station he went off with his mates to the prefects area so I was alone to voyage to an empty carriage.

I finally found one and made myself comfortable blocking out the noise from the station as I relived the summers events.

"Y/n , y/n!" I was suddenly brought back to reality

" Ginny !" I cried joyfully.

" thank merlin I'm so happy to see you "
I hugged her.

" I was worried you weren't going to come back to Hogwarts this year "she murmured

" yeah me too "

" well what happened ? When mum saw you at diagonal alley I-i didn't know what to think"

" I'm fine they kept me in my room the whole time - but I umm I saw him"

" who?"

"Voldemort" i whispered

" wha- how ? Why?"

" he came to malfoy manor I - I don't know why. I tried to contact you but Bellatrix . She got to me first"

" did she hurt you"

" no- I'm fine " I lied

"Look Luna and Neville are here " I pointed in hopes of distracting her but her eyes fell on something else.

"Whats that" she pointed at my scars which I quickly covered up.

" is that a ring ?"
She pointed at my other hand.

Then to my luck my scarf fell a bit.

" is that a bruise - wha what happened y/n tell me the truth"

my eyes welled up and I looked away as Luna stepped in.

" hey Luna ,neville could we have a couple minutes then we'll come find you?" Ginny said calmly as if nothing happened

" ok " Luna smiled and they continued.

Ginny closed the door and blinds then turned to me.

" please - just -tell me the truth"she begged concernedly .

" I uh me an-and Draco are " I took a deep breath and released a few tears.

"We're married"

"I-is that the ring ?"

" yeah I can't take it off - its Cursed "

"That doesn't explain the scars or the bruise"

" when they told me I said no -I -I didn't want to get married so Bellatrix she " the painful images scarred my brain repeating every time I closed my eyes.

" she gave me this" I rolled up my sleeves to reveal my scars.

Ginny gasped clutching her mouth. She put an arm around me in order to comfort me through the pain.

" I'm so sorry that's horrible"

" she killed grumphly right in front of me" I burst into tears. I couldn't hold back any more.

I managed to pull myself together enough to explain the bruise.

" this " I removed the scarf.

" is from when I met him- i-i was so scared" I hugged Ginny sobbing into her shoulder.

"His snake wrapped round my neck and I couldn't b - breathe"

My chest started to tighten and struggled for breath as the haunted memories from the summer took over. I gasped for breath trying to escape my nightmare.

" y/n it's ok your safe I promise. I am not letting you go back there. I swear" I could hear the panic in her voice.

She squeezed me into a hug until I regained myself.

" I'm scared Ginny. I-I can't go back. They'll kill me"

" y/n look at me" she stared into my eyes.

" I promise I will not let you go back- we have till Christmas to sort out a plan"

"thanks I really missed you "

" I missed you too"

After an hour or so when I fully calmed we went to Luna , neville and Harry's cart.

" hey guys" I waved as we entered.

" that's an interesting ring" Luna inquired drawing everyone's attention to it.

" uh thanks"

" how have you all been this summer ?" I attempted to change the subject.

We continued the awkward conversation till Harry and Ginny were summoned away by someone called slughorn.

Only Ginny returned and we continued our conversations.