Changes (y6)

The halls atmosphere was stiff and rigid and I was relieved to finally get out of there.

When we reached our dorm room I couldn't help the smile that etched onto my face.

I turned to Ginny who didn't give me a chance to say anything before hugging me.

"I was so relieved when I got your letter - ever since they took you from the astronomy tower I -"

"Ginny it's ok there's nothing you could of done and you don't need to worry about me"

"Of course I'm going to worry your trapped in a house with all those psychos"

" yeah but dracos got my back now"I said meekly.

"What do you mean?" The shock on her face could be seen from miles away.

" I don't know he's just been trying to help me out. I walked in on him having an argument with bellatrix the other day because she wouldn't leave me alone" I drop my voice down to a whisper as a natural reaction.

" really ? Why are you whispering?" She smiled.

" sorry.. it's just when we talk about stuff like this at Malfoy manor, we have to be quiet just in case someone's listening"

"What do you thinks made him change?" She asked.

" I don't know ...maybe it was a Dumbledore"

"I guess trying to murder someone can change you " she mocked me.

" that's not what I meant I don't think he wanted to do it...Vold- you know who threatened to kill him and his parents and- well me"

"But -"

" it doesn't justify what he done I know , but it's an explanation"

" at least he's got your back which is literally the bare minimum he could do after everything he's put you through"

I stared at Ginnys intensely aggravated expression. She was right.

"Come on let's go bed I'm exhausted"

———
We went to the great hall like we've done every year the walked to our first lesson defence against the dark arts.

when we entered the class room there was chalk writing on the board.

Defence against the dark arts
By Professor
Amycus Carrow

Me and Ginny immediately made eye contact ,which said this isn't going to be good, before taking our seats.

We weren't given a chance to whisper before Amycus Carrow entered the class room slamming the doors behind him.

He walked to the front of the class where he turned abruptly to stare at the class. His eyes finally fell on me and a small smirk creeped on his face.

" for years the school has attempted to limit your education under the control of Dumbledore" he began already trying to manipulate us.

"But now under your new headmaster he has granted you educational freedom, no longer will you be weak and defenceless like your headmaster before who shied away from the power of the dark arts-"

"Dumbledore was a brave and powerful wizard only an idiot would say otherwise- and he didn't shy away from the dark arts he overcame it"I stood up despite Ginny trying to hold me down.

"Anything else?"

" yeah I'm bloody certain you wouldn't be saying this if he was still alive"

He slowly began to approach me as a chuckle left his lips holding the classes attention.