The leaky cauldron (y2)

The malfoy nightmare was finally over and better yet I get to see Ginny before school , mainly I think because my parents want to get rid of me. After the night at the ball i have lost all hope that my parents still loved me I don't know what I did is it really just because I got into Gryffindor? .

I used floo powder to get to the the leaky cauldron , where the whole Weasley family was staying as well as Hermione Granger . I departed my parents at our home as
' they couldn't possibly demean themselves by entering a cave such as the leaky cauldron , which houses mud bloods, squibs and blood traiters  ' like my best friend Ginny .

We ran upstairs to our room, which we shared with Hermione but she was out at the moment so we talked about her amazing trip to Egypt and i told her about my dreadful holiday , except the part where I was Draco's date as I couldn't bring myself to tell her . She showed me a newspaper that had a picture of her whole family on holiday ,it looked so exciting.

I carried on flicking through the paper to a picture of Sirius black accompanied by bold letters reading BEWARE SIRIUS BLACK AZKABAN ESCAPIST .

" how could anyone escape azkaban ?"Ginny whispered

" I don't know , I think my parents knew him . You know before that " I said pointing at his spine shivering picture, which portrayed him as an insane person.

" why do you think that ?"

" my mum said Im a lot like him and she can't wait till I go to azkaban"

" she's ridiculous and horrible , don't listen to her" ginny quickly retorted her face showing nothing but disgust

" it's fine don't worry I've learnt to ignore her "

" your parents probably met him at Hogwarts "

"Hogwarts ?"

" yeah. He came from a pure blood family the black's , who are very close with other pure blood families like the Malfoys and y/l/n"

" so he's a slytherin "

"No a gryffindor , and he was close friends with Harry Potter's dad , until he sold him out to the dark lord , that's how he found out where the potters were staying  " she said rather gravely

" oh , how do you know all this ?"

" I've overheard my father talking about it "

" poor Harry " i stated sadly , I felt really bad for him however I've never really talked to him.

" yeah , he's going to be here soon apparently"

" cool . Umm Ginny ? " I muttered creating a pause

" how have you been since you know . School ?"

" I've been ok ,  it just feels like a distant  nightmare now " she  said slowly causing a single tear to run down her face , which she rapidly wiped away at the sound of the door opening.

" hi dear , I'm molly Ginny's   Mum " she said but I could already  tell from her ginger hair , a Weasley trait.

" and you must be y/n , how lovely to meet you" the first thought I had was she's so sweet , if my mum was a shred like molly then I think we would get along much better
" you two better get down and join everyone we're about to have dinner"
Join everyone   , how many people are there? The question sent butterfly's off in my stomach .

" k , we'll be right down mum "

" are you ok ?" I asked

" yeah . You ?"

" yep , ok then let's go "

We walked down stairs to the packed hall downstairs and towards the table mostly dominated by ginger Weasley's.there was a natural split around the table of older and younger Weasley's.

" did you see anything that linked  Lucius and the diary " she whispered to me

My brain suddenly clicked I can't believe I forgot  to mention when I brought up the diary at the dinner table
" oh yeah I confronted him about that "

" really ? You shouldn't have done that . Do you know how dangerous he can be ?"

" it's too late now " I giggled - I don't know why this made me laugh - but at least Ginny laughed too

" so what happened ?" She enquired

" it was my first night there and we were having dinner so , my parents tried to create small talk by asking Draco how school was , which led to narcissa asking me about school . So I told her it was great other than the fact my friend got possessed by He who must not be named in the form of a diary"

I heard some sniggers  opposite me it was Ron , Harry and possibly the twins I couldn't tell if they were eaves dropping . Hermione however didn't find it as funny , she looked quiet worried.

" ignore them what happened next "

"Lu Lucius looked quiet shocked or worried and my mum kicked me in the shin so I didn't carry on " I stuttered

"No wonder you're in Gryffindor you've got to be pretty brave to say that in front of all the malfoy plus you're parents , I've heard about them " Ron spat

" thanks "

Our conversation continued and the twins joined in , I don't know why I was so nervous.