We need to talk (y5)

When I woke up there was a breakfast on the bedside table. -porridge and a banana with a cup of tea right next to it was..... there was the jumper mrs Weasley made me. I picked it up in disbelief  and stroked the letter b.

" I'm sorry I shouldn't have taken it" his voice rang from the other side of the room and startled me.

I whipped my head to the source Draco sat in a big white chair in the corner of the room staring straight at me.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you" he stuttered.

" what are you doing here?"

" we need to talk"

" I don't -"

" I know you don't want to talk but you have to " he paused as he carefully planned his words.

I tried to control my reaction.

" look things have changed here"

This caught my attention.

" you have to be careful the dark lord he's" he looked down and that's when I saw it.

He had the dark mark etched in his left arm. I can't believe I haven't seen it before - I guess he carefully covered I can't remember the last time I saw him in short sleeves.

" what the hell is that? Is that... the dark mark... when did you get that?" I questioned as I sat up in my bed. My stomach suddenly slipped.

" I'll explain that later what you need to understand is that....the dark lord has made this his base, so his followers will be coming and going and you" he looked up at me noting my fear stained face.

"You just need to be more careful - there's no more fighting back , escaping , talking back - you do whatever they ask , when they ask "

" why ?"

" what do you mean 'why?' They'll hurt you"  he stood up in frustration.

" I can take it" I mumbled.I've survived this far.

"I can't! ...... I can't sit there and watch them keep hurt you"

" why not you killed Dumbledore"I spat.

" I didn't kill him Snape did"

" whilst you just stood there and watched - you might be ok with it but I'm not a coward and I will keep fighting until Voldermort is stopped"

"Don't say his name they can track that and don't be stupid your not being brave or courageous your just being dumb"

"I'm not dumb!"

" your going to get yourself killed"

"At least I'll have done something instead of cowering behind my mum every time I have to make a decision"

"You have no idea what I've been through! ....
And your stupid bravery act isn't helping nor is it going to solve anything so quit it"

Before I could retort there was a knock at the door and we both went completely silent.

The door creaked open to reveal bellatrix standing there smirking.

" having a little lovers quarrel are we? The whole floor is awake now"

" We were just talking , what do you want bellatrix?" Draco asked already extremely frustrated.

" there's a meeting downstairs come on we're going to plan a celebration "

He headed for the door then turned to me.

" eat up cos that's the last meal your getting until you decide your ready to talk rationally.
And when you do decide I'll explain everything" he sneered in the heat of the moment.

He slammed the door and I got out of bed and locked it.

" fine" I yelled.