Quidditch practise (y6)

The detention with Hagrid wasn't bad at all. It was nice to get some time away from the castle.

We had our second da meeting tomorrow and our group has already started expanding. I went to the library to read up on some defence against the dark arts techniques from the book Dumbledore gave me.

I had my parchment out to take notes and a random charms book open in case someone walked by.

I rubbed my hands together to keep them warm Because I forgot my jumper back at malfoy manor like an idiot.

" y/n" a soft whisper came from above me. I didn't need to look to know it was Draco

I ignored him and pretended to read the charms book- I haven't  talked to him or even looked him in the eyes in 5 days.

" y/n ! ..Y/n ..we need to talk you can't ignore me forever" he got frustrated and stormed off to a table not far away. I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my neck.

He got impatient after 20 mins and I suddenly felt my quill slip out my hands and floated into dracos.

" can we talk now?"

" keep it I brought a spare" I looked him dead in the eyes and scrunched my nose slightly to warn him.

I searched my bag for my other quill when he sat down opposite me.

"What do you want? An apology? Forgiveness because I'm not going to give you either"

"Can't we just a talk?" He reached out and placed his warm hands on top of my freezing ones.

"No i don't want to talk to you" I pulled my hands away from it's only source of heat.

" why not what happened to y/n from back home"

"I'm not the one who's changed .., where is the rest of the inquisitorial squad anyways?"i sneered.

" is that what this about?"

"You don't get it it's not just one thing as soon as you come back to Hogwarts you go straight back to well this-" I pointed at him.

" Pansey runs off to you saying I got in trouble and the first thing you do is corner my friends and call them 'blood traitors' "

"But -"

"I'm not finished.. I don't need you to protect me I'm not a kid , and if I get caught it's not my friends fault it's mine and because of my choices , I know what I'm doing"

" no ....you don't have a clue what your doing, otherwise you'd be smarter and know not to mess with the carrows"

" I'm not afraid of them"

"That's what worries me because you should be"

" is that it have you just here come to warn me again?"

" no" he sighed.

" I came to say sorry"

" that doesn't make up for everything you've done "

"I know but I'll be better I promise  just don't push me away"

I softened my hard expression

" I'm sorry but I don't believe you" I looked at his hurt expression.

"I get it"  he stood up to leave but turned back one last time.

" you should get a jumper on its cold"

" I forgot mine "

He paused but then continued walking out of the library.

I finished up then went back to the common room to get changed for quidditch practise. Ginny asked me to join because there's not enough gryffindors who want to play this year. 

Unfortunately this meant we had to verse slytherin next week and that meant going against Draco since he's playing this year. If that isn't bad enough my position is seeker.

Our positions this year are 

Chaser - Ginny ( captain )
Chaser -Demelza robbins.
Chaser -Katie belll
Beater -ritchie coote
Beater -Jimmy peaks
Seeker - y/n
Keeper - Cormac mclaggen

"Hey gin "

"Hey are you ready?"

" bit nervous" I laughed

"Don't worry you'll be fine -it'll be fun"

"Where is everyone ?"

" they'll be here soon we can practice some seeking skills if you want?"

"Perfect"

We practised some basic skills where she'd throw a small ball and I'd have to catch it. On the last one she threw it long and I had to zoom to the other side of the field and pull away last minute so I didn't didn't crash. It was a close call but I caught it and flew back towards Ginny when I heard a slow clapping.

Draco emerged from the side entrance still clapping.

" that was a good catch"

" what do you want malfoy?" Ginny asked in an unforgiving tone.

"I just came to check out the competition Weasley or should I say captain Weasley now is it?"

" yeah and what's it to you"

"No need to be hostile I didn't come to fight I just want to watch you's practise "

" well just stay out the way y/n needs to train"

"That's right your new seeker - if you want I can give you some pointers ?"

" I think I'll be alright"

" alright well I guess I'll see you on the field" he  walked off then appeared in one of the many empty seats. 

The reset of the team finally arrived and Ginny had a go at them for being late and then gave a talk on how we need to be better prepared this year etc.

I couldn't help constantly glancing up at draco who wore a slight smile watching us practise.

By the end I was so exhausted I barely made it back to my room before collapsing