The yule ball (y3)

Harry and Ron were desperate for dates and they even asked me and Ginny well Ron didn't ask ginny because that would be weird . I felt bad letting them down but I was already going with Blaise so I couldn't help .

That night me a Ginny sat on my bed talking .

" I'm surprised your not going with Malfoy "she suddenly bursts out

"What do you mean surprised ? I'd rather not go at all then go with Malfoy "

" no I didn't mean it like that , I just thought that your parents would want you two to go together so you would "

" well they're not here " Ginny just laughed at my response

" what about you and Potter , I definitely thought you two would go together "

" come on y/n he's Rons best friend " she said throwing a pillow at me
" beside he doesn't think of me like that "

" ok sure if that's what you believe " I said sarcastically Resulting in another pillow hitting me in the face .

Next morning

We sat down for breakfast and the owls flew in delivering mail to my genuine surprise an owl dropped a package on my lap , although I didn't see which owl .

Is was a soft brown package with little note attached to it

Dear y/n
I'm so glad you said yes to Draco as soon as we got his letter I went to the shops to buy you a little something to wear I hope you like it as much as I do
Lots of love
Narcissa Malfoy

'What just happened ?' I thought to myself

"So who's it from ?" Ginny said peaking over my shoulder.

" narcissa she said Draco wrote to then saying we're going together "

" what ? Can he not take a hint "

" obviously not "

The letter put me in a bad mood throughout breakfast and period 1 and 2 but then I saw him all on his own so I decided to confront him about it .

" Draco !" I yelled making him stop and turn around

" changed your mind ?"

" no, what's this about ?" I asked pulling the package out my bag .

" what is it ?"

" a letter from your mum saying that you told her we were going together, now I don't know if I made it clear before but I'M NOT GOING TO GO WITH YOU "

" relax ,mother wanted us to go together so I told her we are but I'm actually going with pansy "

" why didn't you just tell her that ?"

" because for some reason she has her heart set on us going together , so if she asks we are ?" He said forcefully

" can I go now or is they're something else you want to yap about ?"

I stared at him directly in the eye then swiftly turned and left .

The ball

I met Blaise outside my dorm and we walked to the party together . I was the last to leave out of Hermione ,Ginny and me , so I got to see them both go and they looked amazing.

" you ready to dance ?" Blaise yelled over the chatter.

" yeah !" I nodded with a smile

Suddenly the room fell silent as the champions took they're places then danced to the music . We later joined in using the moves Mcgonagall had taught us. By wearing the dress I felt as though I was betraying narcissa but I didn't have anything else . As we slowly danced to the music I could feel Draco's eyes following me , but I just ignored him and tried to enjoy my time with Blaise .