Slytherins common room (y5)

I walked into the stone cold room where Draco pointed me to pansy Parkinson.

" she'll show you to your room"

He then left me and sat by the fire as if in a trance. His eyes darkened as he strained his mind over something that has been bothering him for a long time now.

I made my way to pansy who stood with two other girls by her shoulders I recognised them instantly from school and because theyre one of the 'holy'  28 families with our blood lineage.
Millicent Bulstrode and daphne Greengrass.
Mmm
She looked me up and down then rolled her eyes.
" follow me"

She led me up some stone stairs and into a dorm with some other girls from my year.

My eyes immediately fell on Melanie Durstun the girl who sabotaged my cauldron in the second year and has just despised me for some reason.

I think she must of known this.

"Settle in thats your bed next to Melanie and then we'll be heading to dinner - I hope you understand that things run differently here then with those rats your used to staying with. We're much more ...sophisticated" and with that she left.

I began to unpack my things placing my books on draws and and my clothes.

I neatly folded my pjs as I placed them in the draw.

"Whats this?" Melanie voice boomed over the chatter. I remained calm and continued sorting my clothes

But then the chatter and laughs grew till I couldn't ignore it anymore , I turned and saw group of girls crowding round Melanie as she poked at my-

" give that back!" I stepped to her.

" what's this? is this rag yours? did your mummy make it for you when you were a baby" she made a fake pout.

" give it back Melanie" I went to grab it but she pulled it away.

" it's kind of cute in an old tattered way"

" please just give it back"

"Oh this is rare a Gryffindor begging- well ex Gryffindor I guess" she snickered.

I pulled out my wand and aimed it at her.

" I'll give you one last chance to give it back"

"Or what ?"

" I warned you - Levicorpus!"

I used the spell Harry taught us last year causing a green jet of light he to shoot out my wand lifting her in the air.

She released a horrified scream.

" drop it" I commanded

"I'll give it...here" she stammered as she threw it to me.

"Libracorpus" I said which caused her to fall to the ground with a thud.

She caught her breath as the other girls fumbled around her. I returned to my bed and continued to unpack.

"What is wrong with you I was just joking" she stood up crossing her arms only this time I resisted the urge to jinx her.

The door burst and pansy appeared with the female versions of crabbe and Goyle.

" what's happened in here?"

Melanie suddenly began to limp as if in pain.

" y/n that freak did this to me for no reason"

" I didn't do it for no reason she-"

" that's enough! Daphne take Melanie to the infirmary and you. Snape will want to discuss this come with me" she sneered with a hidden smirk I knew she was waiting for a chance to ruin my life I just didn't think it would be so soon.

" but I didn't do anything she started it "

" come now!"

She grabbed my arm leading back down the stairs.

" listen you can have Malfoy I don't really don't care"

She rolled her eyes and squeezed my arm tighter.

We finally reached the common room where Malfoy was waiting obviously anxious as he probably heard these noise.

" what's going on pansy where are you taking her?"

" she attacked Melanie durstan"

"Merlins beard you were there for barely an hour" he towered above me angered.

" it's my prefect duty to take her to Professor Snape"

"Can't you just let her of this one time pans"

" she attacked a student if I don't take her Melanie will complain to him "

" fine but I'm coming " he groaned.

I was escorted to his office not even given the chance to breath. my heart was pounding as we got closer.

you couldn't even survive a couple hours could you ? not going to lie I loved the look on Melanie's face as she dropped to the floor.

we finally arrived and pansy eagerly knocked on his door.

" come in " his voice broke through the doors barrier barely.

" Pansy what's wrong now ? And I see we're accompanied by our new slytherin member "

"She attacked Melanie in her dorm room"

" thank you pansey I will punish her accordingly would you please let me talk to her"

She nodded her head and both her and Draco began to leave.

" draco please wait outside my office"

" miss Malfoy now is it ?"

" I-I'd prefer y/l/n"

"In Gryffindor you might of been allowed to run round like ruffians but you are under my house now and I will not tolerate such behaviour."

"But-"

" I understand the change is sudden so I'll let you off and only give you one weeks worth of detention"

Relief flooded through me.

" and I want you to write a page essay on why you should use your brain before your wand due before the end of fridays detention"

" now you may go to dinner and please send Draco in "

I got to my feet and swiftly walked to the door

" oh and miss y/l/n next time I won't be so lenient"

I open the door and saw dead Waiting outside tapping his foot.

" he wants to see you "

" wait here for me" he ordered which I didn't want to follow but I also didn't want to go to lunch and have to watch my friends eat at another table.

I sat outside for about it 15-20 minutes when Malfoy cane back out flustered.

I heard some of the conversation.

" let me help "

"Glory "

" I need to do it alone "

He came straight out cans walked towards the halls expecting me to follow. I jogged and caught up to him.

" what was that about?"

"Nothing " He replied suddenly

" why do you keep getting yourself into trouble"

" she was picking on me "

"I'll sort it out and make sure they leave you alone but you- you have to keep your head down and ignore them"

"This is so unfair"

" do you want to go back to the house ?"

I didn't reply and left the question to linger in the air all night. do